Re: Trade deadline trade ideas discussion

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:21 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:18 am
bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:10 am

I've been right about most every season but this one.

But good for you that you think the greatest outlier in the history of Major League Baseball proves that you knew what you were talking about.
There you go big fella. Doesn't that feel better?
Yeah you stand on a mountain that a team is literally 1 of 10's of thousands and think it means you're right lol

It's insane.
Dtrain laid it out very simply for you, it wasn't hard to see where the wins could come from even if the win distribution was weighted differently.

You just thought they'd suck. It's no big deal. You were just wrong it's not the end of the world.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210710-234048_DuckDuckGo.jpg

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:24 am

bpj wrote:
Yeah, and JP Crawford sucks, we know. You're always right.
See here's your problem... you always make these blanket statements because you often fail to add any depth to the things you say.

"I predicted the Mariners would have 86 wins and because they currently have 48 that means that I was right to predict that." There's no depth to that statement... and it's all you've said this entire time. You won't acknowledge that the way they've achieved those 48 wins is nowhere near the realm you could have predicted.

As for JP Crawford, I said this all along... JP cannot be a pull hitter who tries to hit home runs... it's not his game, he needs to hit for average and use his + speed to become a contact hitter whose approach is to go the other way.

Sure enough, when he stopped trying to hit home runs and realized that was never going to what makes him successful and changed his approach he's been a changed hitter...

Now tell me, where does that fall in your stupid blanket statement? Do you deny that I said those things?

Probably, because you are a simple minded fuck tard who rarely approaches anything w. any depth or real research...

You just say, "ME BPJ, ME WANTED NELSON CRUZ, ME THROW SPAGHETTI, ME RIGHT."

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 am

You've gone off the rails thinking I'll follow your deflections clown.

You're so irrelevant I didn't even need to bother reading your page of nonsense.

🤡

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:21 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 am

There you go big fella. Doesn't that feel better?
Yeah you stand on a mountain that a team is literally 1 of 10's of thousands and think it means you're right lol

It's insane.
Dtrain laid it out very simply for you, it wasn't hard to see where the wins could come from even if the win distribution was weighted differently.

You just thought they'd suck. It's no big deal. You were just wrong it's not the end of the world.
He laid out a prediction where half the players aren't even on the current roster and the WAR totals are cataclysmically off for every player cept a handful :lol: :lol: :lol: And you're going to use that as the baseline for the M's success this year?

And that's no shot at Darren. I actually like the guy. Nobody could have predicted what has gone on this season and his failure to predict the WAR totals only speaks to just how random this season has been.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:28 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 am
You've gone off the rails thinking I'll follow your deflections clown.

You're so irrelevant I didn't even need to bother reading your page of nonsense.

🤡
My deflections?

I addressed your point directly... you brought up JP Crawford and I told you what I said about him.

Don't run away now little girl.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:29 am

You already got wrecked. I don't even need to talk to you any more. You don't even deserve this place.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:34 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:29 am
You already got wrecked. I don't even need to talk to you any more. You don't even deserve this place.
Wrecked by whom? And who is the judge of that?

You've spent the last 2 hours making a bunch of blanket statements with little depth to them.

You called 3 relievers who weren't on the opening day roster pitching to a 2.04 ERA a "wash" when their performance is probably among the best that has ever been done given the circumstance.

You said you expected Montero, a guy who pitched to a career ERA over 5.00 before coming to the M's, to pitch to a 2.04 ERA.

You literally think throwing spaghetti at a wall and hoping it sticks is a way to build a good ball club... in fact you've said that many times over and fail to realize that the 1 time in 50 that it works doesn't mean you're this great oracle.

The Mariners are quite literally 1 of 1 through 90 games to have a .533 winning % w. a -44 run differential. What you're witnessing, over the grand scope of baseball, has virtually never happened before. Yet you beat your chest like a stupid 3rd grade bully. Worse, you fail to acknowledge that the only reason that's even the case is because of the relievers the current roster lucked into.

And every time you get called out for saying something stupid you just pivot to...

"OH WELL ME BPJ, ME PREDICT 86 WINS, YOU PREDICT 70." *Clown Emoji*... you argue like a dunce.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:57 am

There you go with your stupid run differential again.

You're a waste of time.

You were wrong. It's not a 70 win team. It's ok "dude".

If you want to act like adding a Walker+Cruz to start the season wouldn't have made us better, by all means, hang your hat on that.

This is your run differential, and they're all gone, and never should have been here if Cruz/Walker, or similar, were here, which would have made us clear contenders.

It's ok that you can't judge a teams talent.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210623-134407_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210623-134407_DuckDuckGo.jpg (135.18 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Screenshot_20210623-134103_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20210623-134103_DuckDuckGo.jpg (156.87 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 am

I'm content anybody reading can see what I said about the team before the season and where the team is at now and see where I stood.

I sure wasn't in the, "We won't contend, these guys have proven nothing!" camp. 😂

I realize that trying to talk with a dunce like you is talking in circles, so having made my points I don't feel the need to go over what I said with you 3 times while you ignore what I wrote and the attachments and change the subject to Marm, then relievers, then run differential. Not up in here.

You want to spin the argument up so much that it gets convoluted so maybe you won't look like such a dunce. Sorry it failed.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:57 am
There you go with your stupid run differential again.

You're a waste of time.

You were wrong. It's not a 70 win team. It's ok "dude".

If you want to act like adding a Walker+Cruz to start the season wouldn't have made us better, by all means, hang your hat on that.

This is your run differential, and they're all gone-
Once a fucking gain... you are completely missing the point of what is being said.

To have an anomaly baseball team, which the 2021 Mariners are one of the biggest anomalies ever, things typically unfold in a manner that you or nobody could have shaped or altered w.o ruining the path it took to get there. If the M's had added Walker, Cruz, Colome maybe a number of the players who have been big contributors to their current record would never have gotten their chance? Can you at least contemplate that for a few minutes?

For all you know, the M's could have added Cruz and Walker and still been 48-42. They could be worse... they could be better. A multitude of factors could have led to failure of success. We don't know what would have happened... we only know what happened with the team they assembled.

What we do know is the current Mariners are 48-42, they have a lockdown bullpen that nobody could have anticipated, they have 3 very good starting pitchers, they are 2.5 games back in the wild card race and it's probably a good time to add quality players to the current roster because we NOW have a pretty clear idea of what this 2021 club is.

Hell... the 2001 M's are as good an example of that as any... people always say "imagine how good the '01 M's would have been with ARod..." they say that without contemplating what keeping ARod would have meant to damaging the overall identity that made up the 116 win team.