Starting Pitching

Juliooooo

Re: Starting Pitching

Post by Juliooooo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:09 pm

This might be extreme, but I'd trade Mitch Haniger for an elite pitching prospect. His trade value will never be higher, and Mariners won't compete for at least 2 years. Let him play for a contender in his prime. He's already 28. Mariners need an ace, and while I'm hoping for Gilbert to become that guy, seems like they should put some eggs into another basket. They have the OF prospects, but their pitching prospects seem pretty light.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:09 pm
This might be extreme, but I'd trade Mitch Haniger for an elite pitching prospect. His trade value will never be higher, and Mariners won't compete for at least 2 years. Let him play for a contender in his prime. He's already 28.
His trade value was a lot higher a month ago...........
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:13 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:09 pm
This might be extreme, but I'd trade Mitch Haniger for an elite pitching prospect. His trade value will never be higher, and Mariners won't compete for at least 2 years. Let him play for a contender in his prime. He's already 28.
His trade value was a lot higher a month ago...........
He just needs to get hot for a month or so. Teams won't make too much of this slump if he turns it around.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Dom Thom and Fraley have been killin it. I would have no problem trading Mitch. Dom Thom should be promoted to T-town soon and then a Sept. call up. btw why is Jean Segura on this web site?????

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... e&sid=t574
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat May 11, 2019 10:23 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 pm
Dom Thom and Fraley have been killin it. I would have no problem trading Mitch. Dom Thom should be promoted to T-town soon and then a Sept. call up. btw why is Jean Segura on this web site?????

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... e&sid=t574
Between Bishop, DTW, Fraley, Lewis, JRod, Kelenic, and maybe even possibly Liberato and McGovern (is he injured, hasn't played yet in 2019) we will have a few guys that will be able to help in 2021 and beyond for the OF.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 am

trade Marco and Haniger?...so no more mini rebuild, no more retaining a core, just rebuild then, another plan into the ash can. We were going to suffer through this season for the sake of brighter days ahead...where is the resolve?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 3:25 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 am
trade Marco and Haniger?...so no more mini rebuild, no more retaining a core, just rebuild then, another plan into the ash can. We were going to suffer through this season for the sake of brighter days ahead...where is the resolve?
Good post Donn.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:26 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 am
I'd rather a full rebuild than a half A rebuild to get us right back where we started with mediocrity. Does winning 70 games a year the next 2 years do anything for us? Go all in on a rebuild.