5/11 Ms vs Sox Shed starts his career off right

D-train

Re: 5/11 Ms vs Sox Shed starts his career off right

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 2:04 am

Happy as hell wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 am
Man, this team sucks. Today it was Felix. Next game someone else.

Sorry for the downer comment. Couldn’t help it.
I was thinking about posting Marinertalk.com on my FB page but then hundreds of my FB "friends" would know I'm a Mariner fan. I am not ready to come out of the closet yet. I guess this place is kind of like an underground gay bar in the 60s. lol
dt

Freespeech

Post by Freespeech » Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am

It's funny, that 13-2 start really changed the feeling for this year. We were prepared for a rebuild and a bad year.... or were we? I think the pivot from rebuild to reimagine, the signings of Encarnacion and others made us think that the M's could hang in, especially with as bad as the AL looks overall. I just look at the M's and don't feel much different that any of the pretenders we have fielded for the last two decades. maybe that will change when we get more of a glimpse of the new guys and the prospects start bubbling up. But watching Felix get crushed, little offense or defense, felt Bavasi-like. Or JackZ 2015. Today was just pretty disheartening.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 am

Freespeech wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:20 am
It's funny, that 13-2 start really changed the feeling for this year. We were prepared for a rebuild and a bad year.... or were we? I think the pivot from rebuild to reimagine, the signings of Encarnacion and others made us think that the M's could hang in, especially with as bad as the AL looks overall. I just look at the M's and don't feel much different that any of the pretenders we have fielded for the last two decades. maybe that will change when we get more of a glimpse of the new guys and the prospects start bubbling up. But watching Felix get crushed, little offense or defense, felt Bavasi-like. Or JackZ 2015. Today was just pretty disheartening.
Its been the month from hell. Kind of like everyone warning you about not dating a woman because she is bat shit crazing but then you decide to date anyway. First three dates are amazing and then she turns into a cross between Rosie O'Donnell, Lorena Bobbit/Martin and HRC.

But even in the bad times we must find the good that being a fan delivers.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/shed- ... -at-fenway

dt
dt

Freespeech

Post by Freespeech » Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 am

Sure would be nice to have strong defense up the middle, huh?

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:37 pm
Now 7-20 since the now unfathomable 13-2 start. :|
Just trade anyone with value. Its clear we don't have the pitching to do anything significant. Need a lot more pitching in the MInors as well. Also could use some more infield.

Question is, do you trade Gonzales or keep him? I'm not sure he brings back a huge haul like Haniger could. If he does then trade him.
Haniger should've been moved in the offseason when his value was sky high. He's being exposed at the plate on a regular basis. He's always whiffed a ton by swinging at awful pitches while getting called out on the fastball down the middle. It's just more regular this year. If Haniger ever heats up, he could be moved, but doubtful. Everybody over 27 with any value needs to go.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 am
Freespeech wrote:
Its been the month from hell. Kind of like everyone warning you about not dating a woman because she is bat shit crazing but then you decide to date anyway. First three dates are amazing and then she turns into a cross between Rosie O'Donnell, Lorena Bobbit/Martin and HRC.

But even in the bad times we must find the good that being a fan delivers.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/shed- ... -at-fenway

dt
Please don't ever speak of dating that disgusting, man hating, liberal fat cow Rosie O'Donnell. Just gross. Seriously.... how much money would it take to make slow & sweet love to her for at least an hour? So nasty.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:05 am

Freespeech wrote:
It's been more than obvious for several years to anybody with a brain, The "King" is washed-up & finished. He's just bad & his work ethic has been even worse. Watching that guy makes me sick, I refuse to watch him start. It's a total waste of time. I hope he continues to get bombed, absolutely want him gone after this year.

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 am

So Felix is to pitching what Rosie O'Donnell is to women. Superb analogy.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 am

Ziskmagic wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 am
Sorry ZM. Absurd analogy. Rosie was never hot.
dt

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Sun May 12, 2019 1:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 am
Ziskmagic wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 am
Sorry ZM. Absurd analogy. Rosie was never hot.
Lol you are absolutely right. I'll keep working on the analogy, And I'm sorry to you, and to the male gender as a whole, for even suggesting it.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.