Trout to get knee surgery

Big_Maple

Trout to get knee surgery

Post by Big_Maple » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:17 pm

Just saw this on MLBTR - Mike Trout to get knee surgery. The initial report is that it is not season ending, but I can't see how I couldn't be.

This must be breaking, because all it has so far is 2 sentences saying he needs surgery...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/ ... rgery.html

I waffled about sticking this in some other thread rather than starting one just for Trout. But when the best player on a division rival winds up needing knee surgery, I figured there was some there, there.

Let's see where this goes.

Update: now saying it's a torn meniscus. I guess he might only be out for a few months with that. He'll be gone for a good part of the season, at least.

Donn Beach

Re: Trout to get knee surgery

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm

Best player on a division rival seems kinda an understatement...It could be relatively minor couldn't it
This procedure is called an arthroscopic meniscectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions around the knee joint and inserts a narrow fiber optic scope (called an arthroscope) to examine the condition of the knee. Tiny instruments are used to remove all or part of the torn meniscus.
But I guess even that is a pretty long recovery period

Big_Maple

Re: Trout to get knee surgery

Post by Big_Maple » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm
Best player on a division rival seems kinda an understatement...It could be relatively minor couldn't it
This procedure is called an arthroscopic meniscectomy. The surgeon makes several small incisions around the knee joint and inserts a narrow fiber optic scope (called an arthroscope) to examine the condition of the knee. Tiny instruments are used to remove all or part of the torn meniscus.
But I guess even that is a pretty long recovery period
I’ve had it done a couple of times. But I’m nearly 60 and not an athlete. The recovery time could be fast for someone like him.