So are the M's expecting to completely suck ass in 2020?

IStillLoveTheMs

So are the M's expecting to completely suck ass in 2020?

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 am

Last I checked, Scott Servais is still a shit manager. Don't see that changing next season.

Any veteran presence on this squad seems like it's going to be unloaded this off season. I'd be pretty surprised if Seager, Gordon, Marco, Leblanc, Milone, Santana and one of the catchers aren't gone (not to say some of that isn't a good thing).

We're pretty much gonna be left with a roster where Mallex Smith, Mitch Haniger and Murphy/Narvaez are the wiley vets and then it's literally a bunch of rookies, unproven players and no-names.

I guess we'll just have to accept that next season we'll be pretty lucky to win as many as we did this year.

Oh what a time to be alive as an M's fan.

162 more games of Servais looking like he's going to cry from the dugout when Mallex does something stupid.

Pessimistic? You bet your ass.

You know how bummed it makes me watching Houston and Oakland make the playoffs year after year while we flounder and there's no real indication it's gonna get better?

Really bummed.

D-train

Re: So are the M's expecting to completely suck ass in 2020?

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:52 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 am
Last I checked, Scott Servais is still a shit manager. Don't see that changing next season.

Any veteran presence on this squad seems like it's going to be unloaded this off season. I'd be pretty surprised if Seager, Gordon, Marco, Leblanc, Milone, Santana and one of the catchers aren't gone (not to say some of that isn't a good thing).

We're pretty much gonna be left with a roster where Mallex Smith, Mitch Haniger and Murphy/Narvaez are the wiley vets and then it's literally a bunch of rookies, unproven players and no-names.

I guess we'll just have to accept that next season we'll be pretty lucky to win as many as we did this year.

162 more games of Servais looking like he's going to cry from the dugout when Mallex does something stupid.

You know how bummed it makes me watching Houston and Oakland make the playoffs year after year while we flounder and there's no real indication it's gonna get better?

Really bummed.
Weird take
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm

to answer the question, yeah, I believe they are expected to completely suck ass in 2020

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 pm
to answer the question, yeah, I believe they are expected to completely suck ass in 2020
Don't forget though that they are expecting to start to compete mid season when they turn the compete light switch on so I am expecting 21-60 the first half and 60-21 the second half for a .500 season.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 pm

I am still annoyed by the fact that they feel compelled to sign low level vet relievers just to pretend to act like they are doing something to try to win more games. Best case these guys are worth 1 WAR on a team with no chance at the playoffs. What is the point other than to waste money. Not my money but just makes me think they are still dumb and too focused on the idiot majority portion of the fan base.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 am

Really bummed.
With this team less Vets is more but Seager and Marco likely won't be traded. I share your disdain with SS but not sure why you are just now making this realization when we have known about it for a year.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:34 pm

dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Seager wil stay on the team. I think they will keep Narvaez and Murphy until the trade deadline at least Id bet. The veteran relievers will hopefully be 1 year deals looking to Strickland them at the deadline. Won't bug me too much if they do that. I think this team wins more games next year if healthy. I m expecting Kikuchi to shave about 1 point off his ERA. Gilbert wil be up eventually as well and I have unrealistically high expectations for his start. I think he'll at least be as good as any starter not named Gonzales was in 2019 as his floor.

Either way, it will be fun to watch. Lewis, Fraley, Long, Crawford, Sheffield will be there most of the season
Eventually Dunn, Gilbert, White, Kelenic, Raleigh and possibly even Julio by the end of the season.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:04 pm
Seager wil stay on the team. I think they will keep Narvaez and Murphy until the trade deadline at least Id bet. The veteran relievers will hopefully be 1 year deals looking to Strickland them at the deadline. Won't bug me too much if they do that. I think this team wins more games next year if healthy. I m expecting Kikuchi to shave about 1 point off his ERA. Gilbert wil be up eventually as well and I have unrealistically high expectations for his start. I think he'll at least be as good as any starter not named Gonzales was in 2019 as his floor.

Either way, it will be fun to watch. Lewis, Fraley, Long, Crawford, Sheffield will be there most of the season
Eventually Dunn, Gilbert, White, Kelenic, Raleigh and possibly even Julio by the end of the season.
Yeah, I am thinking mid to high 70s in wins.
dt

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:09 pm

The Dipoto/Servais “refuse not to lose” management team is genius, in a way. First they inoculate themselves from the blame of a crappy performance by claiming it is “stepping back” so now they can say “we told you so “ and keep their jobs while other losing management teams are getting their asses fired. Meanwhile, ownership is happily counting how much money they’ve made by putting a minor league team on the field and charging major league prices, all the while wondering what personal luxuries they will spend it on. But you can’t fool all of the sports fans all of the time. The Mariners are hoping to repeat this travesty in 2020, but I think it has already worn thin. I hope that season ticket holders are jumping ship in droves. Personally, I am done with this piece of crap organization. There are alternatives and more alternatives are coming soon.