Envisioning Kel, JRod, Gilbert, Crawford in postseason

Vogelbomb

Envisioning Kel, JRod, Gilbert, Crawford in postseason

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm

I can't be the only one watching this postseason just constantly thinking about what it will look like with Safeco packed to the gills while Jared Kelenic stares in against Forrest Whitley.

I think we're 3 years from seeing that. Kelenic, J-Rod, JP, Kyle Lewis, Logan Gilbert, George Kirby, Evan White, Tom Murphy (?), Marco wearing that beautiful Mariner cream (Sunday uni to take over) while going head to head with the Astros in the ALDS

I can't wait

D-train

Re: Envisioning Kel, JRod, Gilbert, Crawford in postseason

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 pm
I can't be the only one watching this postseason just constantly thinking about what it will look like with Safeco packed to the gills while Jared Kelenic stares in against Forrest Whitley.

I think we're 3 years from seeing that. Kelenic, J-Rod, JP, Kyle Lewis, Logan Gilbert, George Kirby, Evan White, Tom Murphy (?), Marco wearing that beautiful Mariner cream (Sunday uni to take over) while going head to head with the Astros in the ALDS

I can't wait
Hopefully that turns out better than your Husky football National title prediction. ;)
dt

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:50 pm

lol What are you drinking while imagining a bunch of untried Mariners rookies playing in post-season? I’ll try some. BTW, if they are playing at Safeco in your wet dream, you’ve gone back in time. :D

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:17 am

It'll always be the Safe to me buddy. They can rename and change the signage all they want

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:42 am

Why is it that some people just assume that because the team is in a youth movement they're going to automatically make the playoffs with the young players in their first and second seasons? We just went through it with Smoak/Montero/Ackley. Nothing is promised.

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:42 am
Why is it that some people just assume that because the team is in a youth movement they're going to automatically make the playoffs with the young players in their first and second seasons? We just went through it with Smoak/Montero/Ackley. Nothing is promised.
Which is exactly why Gerrit Cole would not even think about coming to the Ms.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:20 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
I don't think anyone here thinks its automatic, even Vogelbomb, but for me hoping for it sure beats the alternative of being mired in doom and gloom like some here seem to enjoy so much. Some act like it is impossible which is just as ridiculous.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am
DavidGee24 wrote:
Which is exactly why Gerrit Cole would not even think about coming to the Ms.
We were 71-91 when Cano signed. I think fans overestimate how much players care about go to teams that will guarantee them WS titles. Which of course no team can do. Not even the mighty Astros who are on the verge of the biggest choke job in recent memory.
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 pm

We shall see where he signs, I don't see him signing with anyone less than a contender that will pony up.....and I include teams like San Diego, Phillie, Angels etc that in that equation. We are a blip on the horizon to him, we are so far from providing anything other than money to him that I just see him having no interest. I mean more than one person has mentioned the pitchers ballpark in Seattle like that even would enter the bargaining equation. :mrgreen: Cano, yeah, perhaps Cole looks at that and thinks xxxx no!!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 pm
We shall see where he signs, I don't see him signing with anyone less than a contender that will pony up.....and I include teams like San Diego, Phillie, Angels etc that in that equation. We are a blip on the horizon to him, we are so far from providing anything other than money to him that I just see him having no interest. I mean more than one person has mentioned the pitchers ballpark in Seattle like that even would enter the bargaining equation. :mrgreen: Cano, yeah, perhaps Cole looks at that and thinks xxxx no!!!
So he will sign with a team that's not the Marlins, Royals, Tigers or us then.
dt