Rooting for the Yankees?

D-train

Re: Rooting for the Yankees?

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:49 am
I assume you seen this thing of the cop holding the gun on Cashman, in Connecticut, must have been a Sox fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hWJEJkbIk
Wow, I thought maybe the cop was an M's fan looking to bust him for the the Montero trade.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 am

Red Sox been through four GMs now in the past ten years, and if their new one don't pull some pretty slick moves here Cashman could leave them in the dust

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 am
Donn Beach wrote:
I assume you seen this thing of the cop holding the gun on Cashman, in Connecticut, must have been a Sox fan

Wow, I thought maybe the cop was an M's fan looking to bust him for the the Montero trade.
Pretty sad reading the comments under the video. Every single one is some idiot saying "look what happens when you're a rich white guy" or "if he was black they would have had him lying face down with a knee on his back". Of course virtually every case where a black person is dealt with violently is because they don't comply with the officers commands, put forth a disrespectful attitude towards the cop, or resist the attempt to put them in a non-threatening position where the officer can safely question them. So many people out there now brain-washed by the media war on cops, which began with Obama and Holder. It's like a poison that has been spread all over the land.

They also seem too dense to have noticed that the officer holding the gun recognized Cashman when he got closer.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:30 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 am
Donn Beach wrote:

Pretty sad reading the comments under the video. Every single one is some idiot saying "look what happens when you're a rich white guy" or "if he was black they would have had him lying face down with a knee on his back". Of course virtually every case where a black person is dealt with violently is because they don't comply with the officers commands, put forth a disrespectful attitude towards the cop, or resist the attempt to put them in a non-threatening position where the officer can safely question them. So many people out there now brain-washed by the media war on cops, which began with Obama and Holder. It's like a poison that has been spread all over the land.

They also seem too dense to have noticed that the officer holding the gun recognized Cashman when he got closer.
Glad I didn't read the comments.
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Last two days reminded me of why I hate the Yanks so slipped back in to the Astros camp, will definitely be a Nats fan in the WS

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:59 pm
Last two days reminded me of why I hate the Yanks so slipped back in to the Astros camp, will definitely be a Nats fan in the WS
Why? I haven't watched.
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:08 pm
Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:59 pm
Why? I haven't watched.
Their fans are arrogant worthless trash

Petert

Post by Petert » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:44 am

Being a (former) Yankee fan, and living for *years* with some of their most obnoxious fans (and acknowledging myself among them for many years), I root against the Yankees *except* for when they face the Dodgers. And the Red Sox. And perhaps the Mets.

Having said that, and having spent many afternoons and evenings in the old Yankee Stadium (before the 70s remodel), I still love the tradition, the franchise history, many of the 60s-80s players, and the memories of that gorgeous, gorgeous ballpark.

I root against them because the most dedicated Yankee fans still have a sense of entitlement. They can’t accept losing. They feel every player of superlative ability should WANT to play for NY. (Its true - I still talk to these folks. Maybe you do, as well.)

Having said all this, they have done so many brilliant things since George I left (like resisting Seattle’s insistence of Andy Pettite in exchange for Tino), and yes, Brian Cashman is a master.

I acknowledge their greatness, their right to position themselves as the greatest, most storied franchise, all that. But I champion the underdog. Thirty-three years of being a baseball fan in Seattle has conditioned me to that behavior.

Go Astros. Go Nats.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 am

Not a Yankee supporter at all. But damn, do I feel good for Pax.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:49 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 am
Not a Yankee supporter at all. But damn, do I feel good for Pax.
He has shown that he is not a wuss who would fade under pressure. Decisive game, and he holds the line. Hopefully this will end all that crap about his strained labia by someone who hasn’t achieved squat other than to try and sell losing bitcoin to his forum brothers.