LL's Off season plan aka how to get us almost mediocre

D-train

LL's Off season plan aka how to get us almost mediocre

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:42 am

Only thing I like about this are the non tenders and the dumping of Gordon and Santana for a few interesting prospects. Otherwise: what is the f-ing point of sign a bunch of middling garbage? To get the hydro viewers, booblehead aficionados and wave starters fired up?

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2019/10/ ... -offseason
dt

bpj

Re: LL's Off season plan aka how to get us almost mediocre

Post by bpj » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 am

Exactly the kind of middling garbage moves I would avoid.

If Julio Teheran is our #2 in 2021, we're in trouble, imo.

He's right about not being able to get all we need after 2020, but that's no reason to hang out in the middle of the free agent market. Go big, or go with what we've got.

Wasting money on those bums would be stupid.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:33 am

bpj wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 am
Exactly the kind of middling garbage moves I would avoid.

If Julio Teheran is our #2 in 2021, we're in trouble, imo.

He's right about not being able to get all we need after 2020, but that's no reason to hang out in the middle of the free agent market. Go big, or go with what we've got.

Wasting money on those bums would be stupid.
Even if the new one year FAs work out all it does is get you a few more wins and hurt your draft position . If they don't work out theny the owners just wasted money that could be spent in 2021 and 2022 and beyond. The only positive is trading them at the deadline but you aren't going to get jack for a two month rental even if they have a good 1st half.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:03 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:42 am
Only thing I like about this are the non tenders and the dumping of Gordon and Santana for a few interesting prospects. Otherwise: what is the f-ing point of sign a bunch of middling garbage? To get the hydro viewers, booblehead aficionados and wave starters fired up?

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2019/10/ ... -offseason
to win games? you seem to want it both ways..you criticize the Astros for tanking seasons and then complain about moves to win games for the mariners

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm looking at those "trades" and wonder why anyone bothers to come up with those when absolutely none of those trades is going to come even close to happening. Might as well have had Somebody's Son write that article.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:59 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 pm
I'm looking at those "trades" and wonder why anyone bothers to come up with those when absolutely none of those trades is going to come even close to happening. Might as well have had Somebody's Son write that article.
Perhaps SS was "promoted" to LL. :)
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Just lose, make this the field of opportunity!!

Yeah, I don't give a rip about a "few more wins" next year, so I'm interested in trading for prospects, primarily position prospects and jettisoning the middle of the road veterans remaining either for prospects or for young potential at the trade deadline if injured players throughout the league provided a need for them among some of the competitive teams. We've got a few promising youngsters developing in the minors and on the roster, we need a couple more..... once we see our "homegrown" talent begin to jell on the field, we can fill in the gaps thru free agency.... save your money, draft from a better position, and enjoy watching the young players hustle and mature.
Beckham, Gordon,Healy,Smith and LeBlanc should just be jettisoned or traded if possible. Santana likewise, and during the trade deadline, I'd be open to offering Seager, Murphy, Vogelbach, and even Haniger at the mid season trade deadline.

The number one draft choice should be our primary goal for 2020
Last edited by AT Funchal-Madeira on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Our FA signing last off season were:

Yusei Kikuchi JPN SEA 27.8 L L SP 15
Tim Beckham BAL SEA 29.2 R R INF 99
Jose Lobaton NYM SEA 34.4 S R C 99
Tommy Milone WSH SEA 32.1 L L SP 99
Hunter Strickland SF SEA 30.5 R R RP 99
Cory Gearrin OAK SEA 33.0 R R RP 99
Zac Rosscup LAD SEA 30.8 R L RP 99
Ichiro Suzuki

WTF did we get out of that.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:01 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:51 pm
These "experts" need to do something to keep their jobs.... writing about something viable or constructively possible is optional.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:14 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 pm
Our FA signing last off season were:

Yusei Kikuchi JPN SEA 27.8 L L SP 15
Tim Beckham BAL SEA 29.2 R R INF 99
Jose Lobaton NYM SEA 34.4 S R C 99
Tommy Milone WSH SEA 32.1 L L SP 99
Hunter Strickland SF SEA 30.5 R R RP 99
Cory Gearrin OAK SEA 33.0 R R RP 99
Zac Rosscup LAD SEA 30.8 R L RP 99
Ichiro Suzuki

WTF did we get out of that.
We got brutalized watching Cory Gearrin painstaking approach to pitching, we saw a love affair betwixt Kikuchi and Suzuki, we got a few innings out of Tommy Milone, and a butcher with an iron skillet for a glove manning shortstop..... Oh, did you mean baseball production?