Johns OD roster predictions

D-train

Johns OD roster predictions

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm

dt

Juliooooo

Re: Johns OD roster predictions

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Guys, just be ready. Dipoto is going to bring in 1-2 starting pitchers, and they won't be exciting names. Try not to b**** about it too much, they are just placeholders and insurance for guys like Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Also, Mallex Smith and/or Dee Gordon will probably still be in the roster. It will suck, but it's probably going to happen.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:43 pm
Guys, just be ready. Dipoto is going to bring in 1-2 starting pitchers, and they won't be exciting names. Try not to b**** about it too much, they are just placeholders and insurance for guys like Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Also, Mallex Smith and/or Dee Gordon will probably still be in the roster. It will suck, but it's probably going to happen.
Yep, I am done bitching about it. Tis what it is.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:12 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Yep, I am done bitching about it. Tis what it is.
I'm not talking to you specifically. You seem to be playing to the other posters on the board more than actually being annoyed by it yourself.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
A few places in the Central where Dee Gordon might be utilized....

I'm looking for Dipoto to bolster the starting pitching and move some position players this winter.... Possibilities to look into ......Detroit has no lock for 2nd base moving into 2020. Dee Gordon to Detroit or one of our catchers in some kind of package for Matthew Boyd......

Dee Gordon or an outfield prospect other than Rodriguez and Kellenic to Cleveland for Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac, Dee Gordon to White Sox to hold second awaiting Nick Madigal's debut and to mentor error prone great hitting youngster Tim Anderson at SS....

The White Sox need pitching.... they are about to burst onto the scene as a contender with a great rookie catcher in James McCann, and great rookies in the outfield with Eloy Jiminez and Luis Robert..... The White Sox also could use left hand hitters at either dh or center to balance their attack....Vogelbach ? or Fraley? Who could we target, I'd like to take Dave Dunning, RH prospect who is undergoing Tommy John and won't be available until 2020. Patience would be needed... but I view next season as loading up... the way the White Sox have spent the last two years loading up.... These are just a few thoughts about the trade possibilities in the AL Central... I'd like to hear from other fans about other possiblilites in other divisions... And I hope Dipoto works just as hard this winter as he has in the past ....

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
A few places in the Central where Dee Gordon might be utilized....

I'm looking for Dipoto to bolster the starting pitching and move some position players this winter.... Possibilities to look into ...... Dee Gordon to Detroit or one of our catchers in some kind of package for Matthew Boyd...... Dee Gordon or an outfield prospect other than Rodriguez and Kellenic to Cleveland for Aaron Civale or Zach Plesac, Dee Gordon to White Sox to hold second awaiting Nick Madigal's debut and to mentor error prone great hitting youngster Tim Anderson at SS.... the White Sox need pitching.... they are about to burst onto the scene as a contender with a great rookie catcher in James McCann, and great rookies in the outfield with Eloy Jiminez and Luis Robert..... The White Sox also could use left hand hitters at either dh or center to balance their attack....Vogelbach ? or Fraley? Who could we target, I'd like to take Dave Dunning, RH prospect who is undergoing Tommy John and won't be available until 2020. Patience would be needed... but I view next season as loading up... the way the White Sox have spent the last two years loading up.... These are just a few thoughts about the trade possibilities in the AL Central... I'd like to hear from other fans about other possiblilites in other divisions... And I hope Dipoto works just as hard this winter as he has in the past ....
Yeah, I think Dee gets moved, but Mallex stays, but wouldn't surprise me if they were both here to start next season

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
And guys like Sheffield and Dunn become placeholders for the next promising player, and so on.

No. There's no excuse for wasting spots on placeholders because guys like Dunn haven't earned anything and likely never will.

Holding a spot for them is just putting off being good for another year.

Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Might as well call them the new Big 3 and see which Big 3 ends up having made more of a contribution.

Maybe it will be different with this Big 3...... Guess we'll know in 5 years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 pm

This is probably the most poorly written garbage I have ever seen on the internet. If I turned this in to my 7th grade English public school teacher Iw would have got a D at best. Can not believe sodomojo let this hit their site:
Other players the Mariners have to look at trading are outfielder-designated hitter Domingo Santana, outfielder Mitch Haniger, and outfielder Mallex Smith. The Mariners could trade all three or none of them as well. Thanks to his defense, Santana might be moved along with the fact they could get a good return for him. He could see some action at first base though it will be a crowded spot.

Mitch Haniger being out of action since May will not get as much return in a trade unless the other team feels he can rebound this coming season. Again who they will get for him and where he goes is in question as well.

Mallex Smith had a poor season most of all except leading the AL in stolen bases. He feels that he can rebound and have a solid season. Jerry Dipoto says the same thing; however, those could just be words to help get a good player in return.

The Mariners should look when trading Santana, Haniger, and Smith getting back a pitcher in return. The Mariners don’t need any more infielders or outfielders unless they are part of a multi-player trade. I am sure the Mariners would like to pick up at least one starter.

They could use some relief help as well since none of the current group has a guaranteed spot in the bullpen except possible right-hander Sam Tuivailala who is projected to be pitching in either the seventh or eighth innings.

The Mariners could trade Tuivailala if the right spot comes available. Currently, the Mariners have ten pitchers vying for a spot in the bullpen besides Tuivailala. This doesn’t count pitchers that are not on the 40-man roster.

READ: Will the Seattle Mariners Trade an Outfielder?
So let it come to Dipoto we want to see action on the trade front well as signings over the next few days and weeks. You can surprise us as well as you did the last off-season though we won’t see as many. Go M’s.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Looks like the writer has sent way too many text messages in the past. Personally I'm all screwed up (as you all know) and use capitalization and periods when I text.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 pm
Looks like the writer has sent way too many text messages in the past. Personally I'm all screwed up (as you all know) and use capitalization and periods when I text.
This is just beyond belief for someone contributing to a website:
So let it come to Dipoto we want to see action on the trade front well as signings over the next few days and weeks. You can surprise us as well as you did the last off-season though we won’t see as many.
:? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt