Mariners sign reliever

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Mariners sign reliever

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:23 pm

I'm a firm believer in pitching beats hitting all day long. I've also had a theory. It's that the M's build up a strong offensive foundation FIRST, and now have shifted their main focus towards young pitching. I'm not quite sure if this was indeed their strategy or what their reasons might be for it, but it's what it seems like.

So while I tend to agree with DT on not taking pitchers that high...I however disagree that the time is now that we should be focusing on stockpiling arms with high end picks. Mainly because of how the organization has been constructed since Jerry took over.

With that being said...if I feel there is a better BPA available at #6 than any pitcher on the board, you take that player regardless of position all day long.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
While Carlson did cross my mind...I'll be honest. I'll believe it when I see it. So that's why I left him off my post. But let's hope he starts by just getting and staying on the field for now.
Sam Carlson is another could/should be top 100 types. The M's have somewhere around 15 of them currently and Sam is one of them. I expect him to perform well and create buzz. He probably adds 2 or 3 MPH accounting for TJ and he is 20 instead of 18.I fully expect him to excel in the coming year.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:07 am

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:05 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
While Carlson did cross my mind...I'll be honest. I'll believe it when I see it. So that's why I left him off my post. But let's hope he starts by just getting and staying on the field for now.
Sam Carlson is another could/should be top 100 types. The M's have somewhere around 15 of them currently and Sam is one of them. I expect him to perform well and create buzz. He probably adds 2 or 3 MPH accounting for TJ and he is 20 instead of 18.I fully expect him to excel in the coming year.
Carlson, Raleigh and Marte could all be top 100 guys at some point this season. Kirby a possibility as well
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez