Very interesting blockbuster 3 way trade idea from Sodomojo

Hanjag

Re: Very interesting blockbuster 3 way trade idea from Sodomojo

Post by Hanjag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am

bpj wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:43 pm
If they traded Haniger then signed a corner outfielder like Avisail Garcia to trade by mid-season 2021 for another prospect, it's a double bonus to the farm at not much risk in free agent dollars (especially in lost years), imo.

Trade Haniger for prospects, fill the vacancy. Repeat.

If they're going to blow a season I'd love to see them sign a couple guys that could outperform and bring back a prospect in a future trade.
That was the plan with EE, Domingo, Dee, several BP guys, Leake, Beckham, Bruce, etc. The performance was there for the most part but even EE was basically 7M dollars for Juan Then. I guess if you found a make-good 1 year guy and he made good sure. I just can't see signing a guy when you have outfield even with Haniger gone as Domingo, Mallex, Lewis, Fraley, BB, Moore, Lopes, and Long.

Normally make good types you find are pitchers looking to re-establish after injury/poor performance.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:42 am

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am
bpj wrote:
If they traded Haniger then signed a corner outfielder like Avisail Garcia to trade by mid-season 2021 for another prospect, it's a double bonus to the farm at not much risk in free agent dollars (especially in lost years), imo.

If they're going to blow a season I'd love to see them sign a couple guys that could outperform and bring back a prospect in a future trade.
That was the plan with EE, Domingo, Dee, several BP guys, Leake, Beckham, Bruce, etc. The performance was there for the most part but even EE was basically 7M dollars for Juan Then. I guess if you found a make-good 1 year guy and he made good sure. I just can't see signing a guy when you have outfield even with Haniger gone as Domingo, Mallex, Lewis, Fraley, BB, Moore, Lopes, and Long.

Normally make good types you find are pitchers looking to re-establish after injury/poor performance.
I guess the difference is I don't consider Mallex, Bishop, Moore or Lopes anything at all. 4th OF'ers or Util in Lopes case, at best. Certainly nothing worth handing a Major League starting spot to, unless you're literally playing for the draft pick. Stars and Scrubs can work. Scrubs and scrubs cannot.

Which leaves Domingo and Fraley (Long is a 2B or Util, not OF) and unless both show much more with the bat, they're not exactly holding down spots either.

Lewis can have a spot for at least a few months, he actually earned it. Has to keep earnin.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am
bpj wrote:

EE wasn't 7 million, they obtained his contract in a cost saving move, so even that 7 million was less than the contract of Santana, plus they got a pick. The Segura trade was great. Netted Crawford, Campbell, Then plus I think a few others while saving a ton of money.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm

We all have theories on Dee, but flipping him a couple years later was likely never Dipotos angle imo.

Domingo came here for Ben Gamel. That was just a no brainer, not the kind of move I'm talking about.

At this point I'd see who the last guys in free agency without teams are and if there are any bounceback candidates or high producers / high ceiling that would just push one of our kids to AAA for a few months to have to earn their way, I'm all for that.

If someone like Avisail Garcia falls below their apparent value, signing him isn't going to ruin Jake Fraleys life by sending him back to AAA to make him earn his way back. He didnt earn anything with his 2019. Try again kid, see you soon.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:13 pm
Hy Feiber wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:32 am
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:20 pm
I like 3-ways...
Any hot prospects?
:) 3 way baseball trades only involve men so not a huge fan.
By way of clarification.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 am

bpj wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm
We all have theories on Dee, but flipping him a couple years later was likely never Dipotos angle imo.

Domingo came here for Ben Gamel. That was just a no brainer, not the kind of move I'm talking about.

At this point I'd see who the last guys in free agency without teams are and if there are any bounceback candidates or high producers / high ceiling that would just push one of our kids to AAA for a few months to have to earn their way, I'm all for that.

If someone like Avisail Garcia falls below their apparent value, signing him isn't going to ruin Jake Fraleys life by sending him back to AAA to make him earn his way back. He didnt earn anything with his 2019. Try again kid, see you soon.