Domingo Santana is now a FREE AGENT!!??

Captain 97

Re: Domingo Santana is now a FREE AGENT!!??

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 pm

I'd rather have Santana at DH than Vogelbach.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:49 pm

I'd rather have Vogdor than Santana.

And please bring back TAIJUAN WALKER!!!!!!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:35 pm
it wasn't just the Mariners setting his value, they were trying to trade him, it would seem nobody else felt he was worth the $4.4 mil either...
Yep, and they didn't want to be stuck with him taking up a roster spot and 4.4 million next year when they have Vogelbach much cheaper at DH, and plenty of options in OF, including Kelenic who likely is in Seattle by midseason.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:49 pm

The fact that he used to be a mariner will impact JD's decision on whether or not to bring him back about as much as whether or not he likes pineapple on pizza
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:19 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

The fact that he used to be a mariner will impact JD's decision on whether or not to bring him back about as much as whether or not he likes pineapple on pizza
Agree with you, but at the same time it's a free gift back from his trade discards.

Juan Then 2.0

IF Dipoto was wrong about Walker, he may want it to be in Seattle. And we know he likes TJ rebounds...

And really, if they're not going to go get a good TOR pitcher, I'm good with a Walker flyer now that he's probably shaken off that Fresh Prince nonsense.

They never should have given the kid a big head.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:09 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

Agree with you, but at the same time it's a free gift back from his trade discards.

Juan Then 2.0

IF Dipoto was wrong about Walker, he may want it to be in Seattle. And we know he likes TJ rebounds...

And really, if they're not going to go get a good TOR pitcher, I'm good with a Walker flyer now that he's probably shaken off that Fresh Prince nonsense.

There was a reason he traded him and it was because of something between his ears. Relationship is broken and irreparable imo.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Good riddance to one and all, good guys but .... Don't want Walker, Hultzen, Paxton, Santana, Beckham, Vogelbach or any of the aforementioned players. Dipoto has decided to travel light... I like it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Vogey is still here brother
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:04 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm
bpj wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:09 pm
D-train wrote:

Juan Then 2.0

There was a reason he traded him and it was because of something between his ears. Relationship is broken and irreparable imo.
Yeah, you're probably right. I could easily see Walker signing with 20 other clubs before he came to the Mariners