Re: In memoriam: Mariners vs Rangers game thread

Post by bpj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:04 pm
bpj wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:47 pm
Jack Merridew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Because nobody knows WTF you guys are going on about without reading through all the pages of insult laden bickering. How about starting your own thread with a thread title that clues people in to what it is you are debating? Otherwise perhaps you guys should just PM each other.
I talk to the 4 people who bother posting.

I'm not a liberal so I'm not going to worry about hurting the feelings of the lurkers who can't follow along.
The point is why would anyone want to follow along when every other post begins with "wow you're such a moron" or some such put-down?

I don't even get why you would have been digging through threads from page 16 of the forum looking for something to argue about. Bored much?
Yeah, maybe you didn't notice them say nobody was defending Mallex, then pulled up posts within a few seconds of people saying,

"Well his OBP.."

"His speed.."

"If this"

"If that"

That stuff doesnt matter with his OPS.

The more recent discussion was that looking at OBP is enough for any player if they have speed. Just not the case.

Don's right. So if everyone wouldn't talk that nonsense it wouldnt have to be discussed.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

bpj wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:16 pm
Jack Merridew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:04 pm
bpj wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:47 pm

I talk to the 4 people who bother posting.

I'm not a liberal so I'm not going to worry about hurting the feelings of the lurkers who can't follow along.
The point is why would anyone want to follow along when every other post begins with "wow you're such a moron" or some such put-down?

I don't even get why you would have been digging through threads from page 16 of the forum looking for something to argue about. Bored much?
Yeah, maybe you didn't notice them say nobody was defending Mallex, then pulled up posts within a few seconds of people saying,

"Well his OBP.."

"His speed.."

"If this"

"If that"

That stuff doesnt matter with his OPS.

Don's right. So if everyone would stop talking that nonsense it wouldnt have to be discussed.
Not defending Mallex, but OPS is a flawed stat to look at for guys like Mallex Smith, or Dee Gordon who are able to steal bases. Their problem isn't their lack of OPS, but their lack of OBP.
Again you prove you have no reading comprehension whatsoever. I was arguing that looking at OPS alone is a flawed way to evaluate a players offensive contribution. Do you disagree with that?

Maybe I should have been more specific saying lack of slugging (which is 1 component of OPS).
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 pm

"Not defending Hillary, but she was nowhere near Epsteins island..."