Brewers about to acquire Omar Narvaez

Juliooooo

Re: Brewers about to acquire Omar Narvaez

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:53 pm
I would have rather not got the pick and got a better prospect. Quality over quantity.
That probably wasn't an option, so Dipoto decided to add the pick instead.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:42 pm

I was expecting a 12th-18th depth player from a pretty bare Brewers’ system, so this is a bit underwhelming to me. DiPoto is just taking a wild ass chance on the draft pick.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Petert wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:42 pm
I was expecting a 12th-18th depth player from a pretty bare Brewers’ system, so this is a bit underwhelming to me. DiPoto is just taking a wild ass chance on the draft pick.
The draft pick is likely to turn into a 10-20 ranked player. Seems a bit light, but the draft pick is the bigger asset of the 2. Any prospect is a wild ass chance. I think Dipoto would prefer to choose who he gets rather than what 1 team out of 30 is willing to give up. I actually prefer the draft pick to prospects.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm

I seem to recall Narvaez was The Answer to the chronic lack of production from the C position, so sayeth
Maestro JD.

But that was Last Year.

“Vogey has nothing left to prove in AAA.”

And Gordon will make a nice center fielder, and Leonys Martin and Jarrod Dyson, the perfect fit for our ballclub.

And on, and on, and on.....

Opinions change, overnight.

Sure, the minor leagues look good, but as for his major league acquisitions?

I’d sure like to see that psych eval.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:53 pm
Petert wrote:
The draft pick is likely to turn into a 10-20 ranked player. Seems a bit light, but the draft pick is the bigger asset of the 2. Any prospect is a wild ass chance. I think Dipoto would prefer to choose who he gets rather than what 1 team out of 30 is willing to give up. I actually prefer the draft pick to prospects.
Problem is the pick doesn't help us in 2021.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm
I seem to recall Narvaez was The Answer to the chronic lack of production from the C position, so sayeth
Maestro JD.

But that was Last Year.

And Gordon will make a nice center fielder, and Leonys Martin and Jarrod Dyson, the perfect fit for our ballclub.

I thought for sure you would comment on my 200 players thread. :)
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Petert wrote:
And this is true, i.e. the adage that any prospect is a wild-ass guess; It's just that after a year of rebuilding the system and dealing for potential, I'd like to see a like-for-like deal happen with regard to immediate value - something that will be on the field sooner rather than later. If that draft pick turns into a 10-20 rank, I'll be happier, but my happiness will also depend on how deep in the hole we are by next August. :?

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:55 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Petert wrote:
Problem is the pick doesn't help us in 2021.
I don't care. Strengthen the whole farm system. Use the farm to trade for needs when the time comes. I like having guys at every level. Some 1 year away, some 3-4.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 pm

With Santana and Narvaez gone, the offense will be downright offensive.

How bout 59-103?

I doubt you’ll see many scalpers out this year.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:56 pm
Hy Feiber wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm
Maestro JD.

But that was Last Year.

I thought for sure you would comment on my 200 players thread. :)
Where is it?