Forum members introduce yourselves

DavidGee24

Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:52 pm

I figure since it's a new forum with new people, plus transplants from the Times Forum who have changed their handles, perhaps we should introduce ourselves. We did this once in a Times thread several years ago and a lot of posters replied. A number of us have also met at D-Train's annual BBQ,

I'll go first (and hopefully not last). My name is David, I live about 30 miles east of Los Angeles, about 20 miles north of Angel Stadium aka God's favorite toilet bowl in SoCal. I'm an Enrolled Agent and I work for a tax firm in Orange County. I've been a Mariner fan since Day One and attended my first game in June of 1977, a 7-1 loss on a one-hitter. I'm originally from Seattle and went to Franklin High School. No wife, no kids, ever, skipped that part of life. While the only ball I played as a kid was Little League, I took up slowpitch as an adult and presently play on a traveling tournament team. My favorite Mariner ever is Randy Johnson.

D-train

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2019 11:02 pm

petert had the same great idea. Everyone already knows me but would like to see others post their life story here even if its made up. :)
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed May 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Call me Millikin. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time tozz get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball.

With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

(Beginning of Moby Dick, changed Ishmael to Millikin)
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Millikin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:30 pm
Call me Millikin. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time tozz get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball.

With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

(Beginning of Moby Dick, changed Ishmael to Millikin)
How did you get your eye poked out? Were you doing a Santana or Mallex trying to catch a routine fly ball impersonation.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 pm

FOT9ADA.jpg
FOT9ADA.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Patrick and I dreaming about a WS
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Wed May 01, 2019 11:55 pm

My name's Colin, grew up in Olympia but now live in the tiny town of Westport, WA. I've worked on charter fishing boats and commercial crab boats for 19 years. Havnt watched a Mariners postseason game for well over half my life. Doesn't appear that streak will be changing any time soon lol

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Wed May 01, 2019 11:59 pm

My name is Neil. I was raised in rural Alberta where I played baseball through high-school. I went to college in the mid-west and graduate school in Chicago. I am still a devoted Cubs fan. I’ve lived in many places through out North America, finally arriving in Seattle in 1990. I instantly became a Mariners fan. I've only been to one World Series but it was a good one—Toronto 1993 where I witnessed Joe Carter’s series ending walk off HR. I’ve been waiting to see a WS in Seattle but I guess I’ll have to wait a bit longer. I just retired so, although Seattle is my home base, I spend a lot of time elsewhere and follow the Mariners on this Forum.

And Oh Jeez the Mariners are getting clobbered again tonight.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu May 02, 2019 12:02 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:02 pm
petert had the same great idea. Everyone already knows me but would like to see others post their life story here even if its made up. :)
I'm James. Okay, here is my made up life story. Led a "Leave it to Beaver" childhood... sandlot baseball and football, basketball on a friend's dirt court (shoveled the snow off it in the winter), ice hockey on the frozen creek with toy truck tires and garage-made hockey sticks. Forts, treehouses, swimming, camp-outs, biking with baseball cards in the spokes, street ball under the streetlights, catching fireflies in a bottle on hot summer nights. St. Louis... yep, I was a Cardinals fan.

Managed to finish high school and ran off to Miami, Florida to see if I was good enough to become a golf tour pro by playing or practicing every day. Never got above AA, in baseball parlance. Ran off to Hawaii and played more golf. Was signed to a full athletic scholarship at SIU to play golf. Played in two NCAA Championships in 3 years. Moved back to St. Louis and married... ran off to Newport, RI. Got unmarried and ran off to Colorado to be a ski bum (Breckenridge) and then to finish college.

Ran off to Bellingham, Washington upon graduation with two girls. The girls have since left but I am still here. I am a television writer, director, producer and cinematographer of mostly TV commercials; local, regional and national. I once directed a half-hour TV pilot titled "Juvenile Court". Own a home overlooking the bay in Fairhaven, a quaint little area in south Bellingham... sip a freshly-made double mocha every morning, hence my moniker, 7-9 excellent bars/lounges within walking distance of my home. Love a gin & tonic or a good pinot grigio. Have a gaggle of good friends. Play golf almost every day. Throw a mean wiffleball curve. Have a young son who keeps me busy. I've been blessed. What more could a man ask for? Other than for the Mariners to win a pennant.
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Thu May 02, 2019 1:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
DMM

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu May 02, 2019 12:14 am

Hi Everyone. I'm originally from Utah, and moved to PDX area for school about 9 years ago. Was a Padres fan when I was little, I think because of Bruce Hurst, who grew up in the then small town where I lived and both parents grew up. When I was a teenager, Braves lost both Gary Sheffield and Fred McGriff in the same year, and I followed Fred McGriff to the Braves and watched them in middle school since they were on TBS every day. Lost interest in baseball in HS, and basically just followed stats casually the next 15 years. I met my wife and her family is from the Olympia area and are all Mariner fans. Started going to games with them 1 series every year, so adopted them as my team, so I've only been a fan for about 8 years (went to my first series in 2011).

Outside of baseball I'm a Jazz fan for NBA, Broncos fan for MLB, and BYU fan for college. Broncos are my only team that doesn't continually disappoint, so I do have some practice cheering for a team that regularly disappoints.

I have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez