Starting pitcher contenders

bpj

Re: Starting pitcher contenders

Post by bpj » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:57 pm
saintevil wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 pm
I think taking a risk on a possible reclamation project isn't a bad thing. Pitching is always needed at the deadline and if someone short term pops and gets us long term assets in the end, I think it would be worth the risk. I would prefer Taijuan Walker because he still has some youth but he also might be someone you look at as a piece moving forward to be part of the nucleus for beyond 2020.
Yeah, I agree. I just don't see it as mandatory or cancel the season as some bloggers are indicating.
Yeah, that's very true, Dipoto has zero need to add at the MLB level, especially when winning may be counterproductive, as painful as that is to say.

I'd still prefer a Taijuan Walker type in the mix.

Would have been pretty tough to beat that Jimmy Nelson offer, they're obviously being very competitive with their offers.. lol..

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Exactly if they can't beat a 1.25 million one-year deal it's obvious they aren't serious about adding anybody
dt

saintevil

Post by saintevil » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 pm
Exactly if they can't beat a 1.25 million one-year deal it's obvious they aren't serious about adding anybody
And this could be a sad season if this is the approach they take. I know winning isn't high on the list for the rebuild and they want to let the young guys play. I think running Dunn and Sheffield out the whole season at the MLB leve could actually hurt the rebuild. I guess Jerry feels it's time to see what he's got in these guys before he has to get those missing pieces for the M's to be in contention. I just hope that his plan works and that we don't get the Jack Z 5 year plans that becomes 8 years.