Virus Schmirus

D-train

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Top 6 states, cases/1 million pop are all blue still.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Texas is a blue state?...things are looking up

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:35 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm
Texas is a blue state?...things are looking up
You need to click on the heading of the column Tot Cases/1 million pop. to sort it.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm

yeah, seems obvious to me the more densely populated a state, the higher the transmission rate. So this is more of the politicizing the pandemic?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm
yeah, seems obvious to me the more densely populated a state, the higher the transmission rate. So this is more of the politicizing the pandemic?
I was responding to Gil's post. % increases off a relative small base are misleading.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 pm

oh, ok, well with a quick scan, seems he makes a point, and it could be political. The states where the latest surge in cases are more red, that is, have tried to follow the dictate to open up, and the states that have indeed flattened the curve could be more blue.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 pm
oh, ok, well with a quick scan, seems he makes a point, and it could be political. The states where the latest surge in cases are more red, that is, have tried to follow the dictate to open up, and the states that have indeed flattened the curve could be more blue.
The blue states blew up first and they locked down and now are on the back end of the curve. The red states probably got a false sense of security, weren't diligent enough and or opened a little too early and are paying for it now.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 pm
The blue states blew up first and they locked down and now are on the back end of the curve. The red states probably got a false sense of security, weren't diligent enough and or opened a little too early and are paying for it now.
... and the purple states can't decide if they want to catch Covid-19 or not...
DMM

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm
I was responding to Gil's post. % increases off a relative small base are misleading.
Excellent point. But many of these bases are not all that small. And my main point is looking for the trend. If you are a public health official in Arizona, or the governor, you have to ask yourself what is going to keep another two-week 100% increase from happening?

Arizona's per capita rate (just over 10,000 per million population) is now the 11th highest of any state. If every state were to show the same percentage increase over the next two week, Arizona would be right on New York's heels for "the lead" (highest number of cases per million population). If the same percentage increases happened over the next 4 weeks, the ranking of states with the highest per capita cases would be 1. Arizona, 2. Florida, 3. New York, 4. New Jersey, and 5. South Carolina. Again, the people in the states who have the lower per capital rates but high percentage increases surely are thinking about this (like Texas closing bars back down, and the governors urging mask wearing).

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:36 pm

I honestly don't give a f. I have been tested twice, once in Cambridge, MA Hospital and once in Montego Bay Jamaica. I'm neggy and will stay that way. I am looking forward to baseball, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as I always have..........
dt