Virus Schmirus

Bil522

Virus Schmirus

Post by Bil522 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Is there not a more un China Virus friendly sport than baseball? No more than 3 people are ever in 10ft proximity with each other(batter, catcher and ump). You screen both teams and the umps and tv/radio staff before each game. Broadcast every game....give people something to cheer about and some live sporting event to watch....who knows you might get new fans

Donn Beach

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:44 pm

players share a clubhouse and locker room...

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:44 pm
players share a clubhouse and locker room...
There are no fans...,do it like the old days don't hang out in the locker room....peel the uniform off and throw on some sweats and go home to shower you don't need to be in the locker room to hang out and play cards, video games etc...like i said screen them first..

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm sorry... it's not really baseball until we're past this virus. I'm still playing golf but it doesn't feel right, and there's a dark cloud over everything. I need my fix of MLB baseball as much as the next fan, but it's so different as to render the game silly, unwarranted or even un-American in these times. No fans, no cheering, no hot dogs, no garlic fries. I don't even think the players could get their heads into it. They're calling this a war. My reading of history says baseball was suspended during WWII.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:11 pm

It incredibly ironic but my life is actually more like what I am accustomed because of the virus. Back working from home after 12 whole days going into an office. Br'er rabbit thrown into the Brier patch....
When Br'er Fox reveals himself, the helpless but cunning Br'er Rabbit pleads, "please, Br'er Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch," prompting Br'er Fox to do exactly that. Br'er Rabbit was born in this brier patch, described as "small yet bright". Since rabbits are at home in thickets, the resourceful Br'er Rabbit uses the thorns and briers to escape.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 pm

We just got back from Plymouth Rock. Only difference is that we had Wendy's outside on a picnic table instead of inside and had Fish and Chips on a bench on the Wharf instead of inside the restaurant. Biggest impact for me by far is no baseball or March Madness or Masters.
dt

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:11 pm
It incredibly ironic but my life is actually more like what I am accustomed because of the virus. Back working from home after 12 whole days going into an office. Br'er rabbit thrown into the Brier patch....
When Br'er Fox reveals himself, the helpless but cunning Br'er Rabbit pleads, "please, Br'er Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch," prompting Br'er Fox to do exactly that. Br'er Rabbit was born in this brier patch, described as "small yet bright". Since rabbits are at home in thickets, the resourceful Br'er Rabbit uses the thorns and briers to escape.
So I take it you were working from home back in the Seattle area?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Hy Feiber wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:11 pm
So I take it you were working from home back in the Seattle area?
Negative Captain.
c2f7525d-b988-4ec9-a704-d51279478dea.jpeg
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:48 pm

cedcf292-f15a-41aa-9bdc-9d3184d65c94.jpeg
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:52 pm
I'm sorry... it's not really baseball until we're past this virus. I'm still playing golf but it doesn't feel right, and there's a dark cloud over everything. I need my fix of MLB baseball as much as the next fan, but it's so different as to render the game silly, unwarranted or even un-American in these times. No fans, no cheering, no hot dogs, no garlic fries. I don't even think the players could get their heads into it. They're calling this a war. My reading of history says baseball was suspended during WWII.
Baseball carried on during WWII. There are several excellent books about how it adapted.