Is it too early to get excited about our future outfield???

Optimistic Ms Fan

Is it too early to get excited about our future outfield???

Post by Optimistic Ms Fan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:14 am

Ok so Lewis is playing like a beast. Kelenic and Rodriguez are absolute studs. All under team control for years to come and cheap. Our minor league pitching is sexy as hell. And payroll is basically rock bottom cheap in a year. Is it finally ok to be excited about our future???????
Formerly balefire uk :D Now I'm optimistic!

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Is it too early to get excited about our future outfield???

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah, I haven't been this excited about the team since we had Dustin Ackley, had traded for Jesus Montero,the M's stole free agent Chone Figgins from the Angels, and we were watching Nick Franklin at Clinton... It was gonna be the "Dustin and Justin" show. And what could be better than having the dribble king, Ichiro at the top of the lineup? Why, having two dribble kings at the top of the lineup! But I do have hope for this pitching and some of these prospects.... especially the outfield...

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Super excited for the outfield. I think White will be good, and Crawford will stick at SS for a while. Hopefully Raleigh continues to develop, and the pitching prospects stay healthy. Need a few infielders to develop, but I'm almost as high on Marte as I was on Julio this before last season. Biggest question for me is his defense. Glad he's in Tacoma to work on that this season.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:21 pm

its too early

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:21 pm
its too early
It was too early to sign a pitcher to a big contract that had zero big league experience. Hopefully it wasn't too early to sign a 1B who had never played about AA to a long term contract.

But there is no downside to being excited early.
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:36 pm

My concern is whether we have the right manager in place. SS would be a great neighbor but I think he would better serve as a bench coach who puts the blood back in. When I see the mental mistakes we tend to make in his tenure I'm pretty sure a lot of that is due to poor discipline and discipline starts at the top. I don't know who the right guy is but my gut tells me it's not SS.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:36 pm
My concern is whether we have the right manager in place. SS would be a great neighbor but I think he would better serve as a bench coach who puts the blood back in. When I see the mental mistakes we tend to make in his tenure I'm pretty sure a lot of that is due to poor discipline and discipline starts at the top. I don't know who the right guy is but my gut tells me it's not SS.
Agree. This young team needs a leader. Hopefully JD will end he denial of that fact by next season.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:31 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
its too early
It was too early to sign a pitcher to a big contract that had zero big league experience. Hopefully it wasn't too early to sign a 1B who had never played about AA to a long term contract.

downside?.. Its been a generation since they have delivered on one of their promises, you said you don't expect them to be competitive until 2022. I am all for a rebuild, but i think i will wait awhile before getting really excited about it. Honestly, we have two more seasons to endure before we really can expect something tangible, i think its too early to get excited

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
its too early

downside?.. Its been a generation since they have delivered on one of their promises, you said you don't expect them to be competitive until 2022. I am all for a rebuild, but i think i will wait awhile before getting really excited about it. Honestly, we have two more seasons to endure before we really can expect something tangible, i think its too early to get excited
People can have all the excitement they want. That is what makes cheering for a team fun. There is reason for hope that hasn't been here in nearly a decade. Now expectations, that's something we have to temper for a few years. I have a ton of excitement, but I have very little as far as expectations until 2022.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
its too early

So if you decided to get excited now and the rebuild is a flop would you need to get therapy or go on antidepressants or what? I still don't see how not being excited now benefits you in the slightest.
dt