Re: 8/10 RangerBalls Dunn roped & tied Game Thread

Post by bpj » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 pm
bpj wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm

But what are they losing now by giving White a chance to prove himself?
Probably his future.

Guess we'll see.
Like you said, either a guy can hit or he can't
There are much different expectations from a 1B. He may be able to carry his weight in CF.

Not that we need him there. But if he can't hit like an MLB 1B, we won't need him at all.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:20 pm

May I post the Game thread tomorrow? It is to honor my Mom's 75th birthday....yes she was born 2 days before Japan gave up in WW II. Most people believe it was the atomic bombs that caused Japan to give up, but it was actually them seeing what kind of people America was starting to produce....tough, feisty, and can make pie better than anyone. She was at the 116th game win and at the first game at Safeco/T-Mobile. She used to come get me, from down at the Kingdome, when I would go to games. I was 13-16 yo and used to go get foul balls and sell them to pay for the next days ticket.

If anyone can help the feckless M's, she can

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:20 pm
May I post the Game thread tomorrow? It is to honor my Mom's 75th birthday....yes she was born 2 days before Japan gave up in WW II. Most people believe it was the atomic bombs that caused Japan to give up, but it was actually them seeing what kind of people America was starting to produce....tough, feisty, and can make pie better than anyone. She was at the 116th game win and at the first game at Safeco/T-Mobile. She used to come get me, from down at the Kingdome, when I would go to games. I was 13-16 yo and used to go get foul balls and sell them to pay for the next days ticket.

Rocycola has rights if the Mariners win tonight. Otherwise the rules say you can't start the gamethread until lineups are posted, and I think its first come first serve.

That said, better to ask forgiveness than permission sometimes :)
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:54 pm
We Truly have a good, the Bad, the Ugly deal here with our starters.

The Good are Lewis, Crawford, Moore, Seager and Nola

The Bad are Long and Lopes

The Ugly are all the neggy WAR guys led by White with -0.5. btw is the hitting coach working with him at all?

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... =&enddate=
Somehow White has a negative dWAR... Not sure how reliable that is.
Positional adjustment

https://library.fangraphs.com/misc/war/ ... djustment/
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:44 pm

bpj wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:54 pm
We Truly have a good, the Bad, the Ugly deal here with our starters.

The Good are Lewis, Crawford, Moore, Seager and Nola

The Bad are Long and Lopes

The Ugly are all the neggy WAR guys led by White with -0.5. btw is the hitting coach working with him at all?

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... =&enddate=
Somehow White has a negative dWAR... Not sure how reliable that is.
Almost all 1B have negative numbers, they start in a hole because they're 1B and it doesn't matter that much.
Yep, He is third best in the AL.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... 2020-12-31
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:46 pm

Not too scary.....

I'd like my Texas steer well-Dunn
tender and choo-able
carafe of Gallo wine
low odor please
side of falafel
and some Cheerios for dessert

1. Shin-Soo Choo (L) LF
2. Nick Solak (R) CF
3. Willie Calhoun (L) DH
4. Joey Gallo (L) RF
5. Todd Frazier (R) 1B
6. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) 3B
8. Elvis Andrus (R) SS
9. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
We definitely have minor league options with White... but doesn't seem to make sense to send him down right now.... I'd be ok with that move though if only to take the pressure off him.... and to keep the merry go round spinning
That's the problem with his contract. They can't pay a minor leaguer what he is making......especially in a year with no minor league ball. So while he technically does have options, he really doesn't. Just has to fight through it.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
We definitely have minor league options with White... but doesn't seem to make sense to send him down right now.... I'd be ok with that move though if only to take the pressure off him.... and to keep the merry go round spinning
That's the problem with his contract. They can't pay a minor leaguer what he is making......especially in a year with no minor league ball. So while he technically does have options, he really doesn't. Just has to fight through it.
He's making 1.3 million a year the first 3 seasons. They should be fine with him playing 3-4 weeks in Tacoma next year if he needs to.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:05 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:20 pm

If we win tonight, I am sure Rocky will oblige. If we lose, its your and your Mom's thread. Just try to start as soon as lineups are out about 4 hours before game time. Tell her Happy Birthday from D-train!!! :D
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
He's making 1.3 million a year the first 3 seasons. They should be fine with him playing 3-4 weeks in Tacoma next year if he needs to.
Yeah they should be. That will be a long walk from JDs office to Stanton's office to let him know that plan though. Guessing he will do anything to avoid it.
dt