dt

bpj

Re: Fall league roster.......

Post by bpj » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 pm

I don't recognize most of those names, hopefully see some surprises in the mix

Petert

Post by Petert » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Don Thompson-Williams is cleared to play. I’ve been curious about him since he came over in the Pax deal.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 pm

No Kirby is probably the biggest surprise. Interesting that they didn't include Kelenic and Gilbert, but I expect those 2 to play a lot in spring training. Is this part of AFL? Is there going to be an AFL as well?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:48 pm
No Kirby is probably the biggest surprise. Interesting that they didn't include Kelenic and Gilbert, but I expect those 2 to play a lot in spring training. Is this part of AFL? Is there going to be an AFL as well?
Seems like it is a replacement for the AFL. Guessing the 3 you mention got all the action in Tacoma and these guys need to catch up.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Seems like it is a replacement for the AFL. Guessing the 3 you mention got all the action in Tacoma and these guys need to catch up.
I'm just surprised about Kirby because he only has 23 innings in the minors. But I guess it's probably about how many innings they got in Tacoma? Either way, How much work could Kirby and Gilbert have gotten in about 2 months. I'm also a little surprised that Raleigh is on the roster given I think he's about the same point in his progression as the guys they left off.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
I'm just surprised about Kirby because he only has 23 innings in the minors. But I guess it's probably about how many innings they got in Tacoma? Either way, How much work could Kirby and Gilbert have gotten in about 2 months. I'm also a little surprised that Raleigh is on the roster given I think he's about the same point in his progression as the guys they left off.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:44 pm

One of the guys I didn't recognize has one of the greatest names I've seen for a pitching prospect. Luis Curvello. If his best pitch isn't a nasty 12-6 curve, I'll be disappointed

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:16 am

I counted 22 names I remembered and some big ones like Hancock, Sam Carlson, and Julio.