Kyle Lewis Vs. an All Star Team

bpj

Re: Kyle Lewis Vs. an All Star Team

Post by bpj » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:55 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:39 am
do you think that this methodology confirms your thought that defense is over emphasized in the War calculation?

on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you value offense vs defense. I think I'm 7 to 3 but I think you're at 8 to 2
Well, what it does from my point of view is accounts for very good defense using UZR, then also accounts for positional scarcity based on their position, adding more defensive value, while comparing their offense to 1B and DH regardless of their position.

If I were to break down how I would weight, I'd say offense 6.5, defense 3 and base running .5

Probably 1 higher on offense than fangraphs weights it, whatever that works out to

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:23 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:44 am
I just asked fellow board member Auburn Terry's residing in my home in Quincy and he says he's 6 to 4 offense defense
Everytime I look at your new location I see Quincy and then MA and my mind flips it to Wa and Ithink of the little town in Washington near the ampitheatre. The gorge at Gorge.

TMI~ I know. :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:23 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:44 am
I just asked fellow board member Auburn Terry's residing in my home in Quincy and he says he's 6 to 4 offense defense
Everytime I look at your new location I see Quincy and then MA and my mind flips it to Wa and Ithink of the little town in Washington near the ampitheatre. The gorge at Gorge.

TMI~ I know. :shock:
Funny, I have cousins that live there on a farm. Both name after John Q Adams. George, Washington is only a few miles from Quincy, WA and there used to be truck stop restaurant called Martha's Inn that my late uncle and all his farmer buddies go to every morning. They sat at the "Farmers Table" and shot the breeze about farming stuff. lol

btw its pronounced QuinZEE here as opposed to QuinSEE in WA.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Remember when the M's had an A ball time in Clinton, IA? I always envisioned them playing right off the Ferry Dock on the Clinton end of the Mukilteo Clinton Ferry run. lol
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:15 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm
Remember when the M's had an A ball time in Clinton, IA? I always envisioned them playing right off the Ferry Dock on the Clinton end of the Mukilteo Clinton Ferry run. lol
Which brings to mind that the M's have gotten rid of some real minor league shit-hole stadiums including of course Pulaski, Victorville, and Clinton. Cheney, Everett, Modesto, and Dickey-Stephens are real upgrades.... hope the M's continue to improve their minor league affiliations...