Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:24 pm

Where are pulling those from. Link?
There's no link, the Mariners send them directly to Shannon Drayer, and she sends them to us.

Juan Then throwing heat!! Glad we got him back.

Levi Stroudt, 5 K's in 2 Innings!!! Dayyyyum!

I expected Julio to have a high exit velocity, but Trammell?? Woo doggie!!
How about the pitching staff throwing a two hitter!??!!?
Love that. Didnt like seeing that we gave up 2 RUNS on 2 hits, but a W is a W!!

Juliooooo

Re: Lineups! Sam Carlson on the hill!

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:20 pm
10-17-2020

Latest score card against the Royals. JRod and Trammell both go deep!!
There's no link, the Mariners send them directly to Shannon Drayer, and she sends them to us. Just check her latest Twitter feeds. I'm alerted everytime she posts one.

Levi Stroudt, 5 K's in 2 Innings!!! Dayyyyum!

Stoudt... He was a pretty forgettable draft pick (other than the name because of personal reasons, his name is 1 letter different than my nephew). FB up to 97 is pretty impressive though for a starter. Do you know anything else about him Sexy? Did you scout him? He was a 3rd round pick, but coming after Kirby, Campbell and Williamson is easy to push him to the side. Might be a prospect to keep an eye on. Then will be fun as well.

Trammell, Julio and Kelenic... did any team have a better group of OF prospects?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:13 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:

There's no link, the Mariners send them directly to Shannon Drayer, and she sends them to us. Just check her latest Twitter feeds. I'm alerted everytime she posts one.

Levi Stoudt, 5 K's in 2 Innings!!! Dayyyyum!

Stoudt... He was a pretty forgettable draft pick (other than the name because of personal reasons, his name is 1 letter different than my nephew). FB up to 97 is pretty impressive though for a starter. Do you know anything else about him Sexy? Did you scout him? He was a 3rd round pick, but coming after Kirby, Campbell and Williamson is easy to push him to the side. Might be a prospect to keep an eye on. Then will be fun as well.

Trammell, Julio and Kelenic... did any team have a better group of OF prospects?

Name: Levi Stoudt
Height: 6'1
Weight: 195lbs
School: Leigh University
Bats: R Throws: R

In his three seasons, he had a 2.97 ERA with 181 strikeouts and 65 walks in 109 2/3 innings.

“Most teams indicated I could go between the second and fifth round, and I am happy to go where I was drafted," he said.

Stoudt, who mentioned that his fastball touched 97 mph this spring, wasn't surprised that the Mariners selected him.

“They had a lot of contact and were one of the teams I went and did a workout for,” he said.

That workout was conducted last year a few weeks prior to the draft in Peoria, Ariz., the Mariners’ spring-training site(not unlike how they did with Jarred Kelenic).

“I got good vibes from them, and it was not shocking that the Mariners selected me,” he said. “I am just so excited."

Ken Baker, who was Stoudt’s coach at the Perkiomen School and remains in that position to this day, says it’s been great to see the growth in the 6-foot-1, 195-pound righthander in a number of areas.

“He was 5-6 as a freshman, and at the time, he played second base and I had no idea he pitched,” Baker said. “He developed each year, he always had good mechanics, and his demeanor has always been at the top. He has always kept his composure, and I have always been impressed with that.”

He's a pitcher who flew a bit under the radar, because of the program he was in. But after the two spectacular seasons he had, he broke out as a legit ace in 2019.

In 2017 he posted a 2.34 ERA in 61.2 innings pitched with 45 strikeouts and a 1.35 WHIP.  That summer he had a 4.25 ERA in 29.2 innings pitched with 28 strikeouts in the Atlantic Collegiate League.

As a junior he had a stellar season in 2019 as the ace of the starting rotation, finishing the year 3-4 with a 3.53 ERA. He struck out 69 batters and walked just 21 in 63.2 innings of work. His ERA and strikeout totals ranked fourth among all qualified Patriot League pitchers. In addition to those stats, Stoudt also led his Mountain Hawk teammates in complete games (3) and opponent's batting average (.228). To conclude the year, the righty was named Second Team All-Patriot League for the second time in his career.

In terms of dominant outings during the 2019 season, three stand out the most as Stoudt struck out a season-high 10 batters at Maryland Eastern Shore (3/8), while pitching scoreless outings against The Shore, VMI (3/15) and Navy (4/13).

Final Analysis: I hadn't scouted him prior to the draft Juliooooo, but had seen his name on quite a few lists, so I knew it was possible he could come here. Now that Stoudt has signed with the Mariners, he has finally concluded a solid three-year career with the Mountain Hawks, finishing with 10 victories, a career 2.97 ERA, with 181 strikeouts and 65 walks in 190.2 innings of work. The right-hander made 34 starts, 10 of which were complete games. I really like his makeup and maturity. He's another arm you can add to the stockpile we've collected over the last few years. I can't wait to see where he's at next season. My best guess is Everett.
Attachments
Levi_Stoudt_0127.jpg
7F7N6PCIENA5LDDGBM7PYMGRTM.png.jpg
LeviStout.0.jpg
LeviStout.0.jpg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 473 times

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am

Name: Levi Stoudt
Height: 6'1
Weight: 195lbs
School: Leigh University
Bats: R Throws: R

In his three seasons, he had a 2.97 ERA with 181 strikeouts and 65 walks in 109 2/3 innings.

“Most teams indicated I could go between the second and fifth round, and I am happy to go where I was drafted," he said.

Stoudt, who mentioned that his fastball touched 97 mph this spring, wasn't surprised that the Mariners selected him.

“They had a lot of contact and were one of the teams I went and did a workout for,” he said.

That workout was conducted last year a few weeks prior to the draft in Peoria, Ariz., the Mariners’ spring-training site(not unlike how they did with Jarred Kelenic).

“I got good vibes from them, and it was not shocking that the Mariners selected me,” he said. “I am just so excited."

Ken Baker, who was Stoudt’s coach at the Perkiomen School and remains in that position to this day, says it’s been great to see the growth in the 6-foot-1, 195-pound righthander in a number of areas.

“He was 5-6 as a freshman, and at the time, he played second base and I had no idea he pitched,” Baker said. “He developed each year, he always had good mechanics, and his demeanor has always been at the top. He has always kept his composure, and I have always been impressed with that.”

He's a pitcher who flew a bit under the radar, because of the program he was in. But after the two spectacular seasons he had, he broke out as a legit ace in 2019.

In 2017 he posted a 2.34 ERA in 61.2 innings pitched with 45 strikeouts and a 1.35 WHIP.  That summer he had a 4.25 ERA in 29.2 innings pitched with 28 strikeouts in the Atlantic Collegiate League.

As a junior he had a stellar season in 2019 as the ace of the starting rotation, finishing the year 3-4 with a 3.53 ERA. He struck out 69 batters and walked just 21 in 63.2 innings of work. His ERA and strikeout totals ranked fourth among all qualified Patriot League pitchers. In addition to those stats, Stoudt also led his Mountain Hawk teammates in complete games (3) and opponent's batting average (.228). To conclude the year, the righty was named Second Team All-Patriot League for the second time in his career.

In terms of dominant outings during the 2019 season, three stand out the most as Stoudt struck out a season-high 10 batters at Maryland Eastern Shore (3/8), while pitching scoreless outings against The Shore, VMI (3/15) and Navy (4/13).

Final Analysis: I hadn't scouted him prior to the draft Juliooooo, but had seen his name on quite a few lists, so I knew it was possible he could come here. Now that Stoudt has signed with the Mariners, he has finally concluded a solid three-year career with the Mountain Hawks, finishing with 10 victories, a career 2.97 ERA, with 181 strikeouts and 65 walks in 190.2 innings of work. The right-hander made 34 starts, 10 of which were complete games. I really like his makeup and maturity. He's another arm you can add to the stockpile we've collected over the last few years. I can't wait to see where he's at next season. My best guess is Everett.
Id imagine he goes to West Virginia, but they have a lot of starting pitchers to find innings for. I'm really liking the pitching depth that Dipoto is building, and I trust the organization to develop them. They might need it to trade for future infield help.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm

I'd be shocked if WV survives the contraction.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:47 pm
It's the worst venue left in the system..... Everett, Modesto, Arkansas, and Tacoma are all decent.. They will make more use of Arizona and the Dominican Academy...

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Do we know how many minor league teams each franchise will have? Are they going to have A, AA and AAA only?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15 pm

dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:42 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:59 pm
D-train wrote:
Do we know how many minor league teams each franchise will have? Are they going to have A, AA and AAA only?
They're trying to go down to 120 and four teams per franchise. Though that doesn't affect a franchise's international plans. Like the M's have their Dominican facility and will be able to continue to use that as well as put players in those summer and winter leagues down there.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:00 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:42 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:59 pm
D-train wrote:
They're trying to go down to 120 and four teams per franchise. Though that doesn't affect a franchise's international plans. Like the M's have their Dominican facility and will be able to continue to use that as well as put players in those summer and winter leagues down there.
So are they going to eliminate the short season Rookie ball? Will the Arizona rookie ball count in those 4? Seems Rookie, A, AA, AAA is the best formula, but question is does Rookie ball go half season or full season.