Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

D-train

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:39 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
btw I feel like I owe Mather a thank card for getting the forum all fired up. There has been more posts since Sunday than the past two months combined. lol Great discussions btw and thanks to all for remaining civil for the most part.
Good timing too with Spring training starting up soon.
Its here baby...

https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1 ... 5101423616
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm

You're putting the team's performance the past 20 years on Mather? How long has he been team president? And even if he was terrible in every position he has held with the organization that doesn't make it acceptable to impute the worst possible motives to everything he said in a private zoom session. I have no problem with him losing his job, but the media has made things considerably worse for the Mariners with their biased and in somescases dishonest reporting.
I'm not doing anything other than giving you my thoughts on why he was fired. I agree with your last sentence.

If John Schneider or PC would have given an identical speech they would have easily survived imo. It probably would have been laughed of as goofy humor.
Neither guy would be dumb enough to openly criticise or mock players to the public. Even when Earl Thomas flipped Pete off, I never heard Pete say one bad word about him in a public sitting. Mather is just a piece of shit that talked too much
Isn't being a POS what dt meant about the dude sucking as a person for 20 years?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm

You're putting the team's performance the past 20 years on Mather? How long has he been team president? And even if he was terrible in every position he has held with the organization that doesn't make it acceptable to impute the worst possible motives to everything he said in a private zoom session. I have no problem with him losing his job, but the media has made things considerably worse for the Mariners with their biased and in somescases dishonest reporting.
I'm not doing anything other than giving you my thoughts on why he was fired. I agree with your last sentence.

If John Schneider or PC would have given an identical speech they would have easily survived imo. It probably would have been laughed of as goofy humor.
Neither guy would be dumb enough to openly criticise or mock players to the public. Even when Earl Thomas flipped Pete off, I never heard Pete say one bad word about him in a public sitting. Mather is just a piece of shit that talked too much
Yeah no shit.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:10 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
D-train wrote:

Isn't being a POS what dt meant about the dude sucking as a person for 20 years?
I thought he was talking abiut the baseball team.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:36 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm
bpj wrote:
Hasslecracked wrote:

I see what you mean, I didn't think of it like that but makes sense also. Either way, Mather has said enough stupid things unnecessarily that he's gone and deserved it given his resume of gaffes.

I joke about the problem being systemic because we need new owners, but I am surprised the cancel culture stopped at Mather when what he said clearly reflects the stance they've taken.

To let free agents fall to them that will then come hat in hand for a deal 🤦‍♂️

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:43 pm

What if Mather had actually said Julio's english is lousy, Marco is a boring person, the FO manipulates service time to delay the promotion of prospects that are mlb ready, Seager has been lousy at the plate through much of his last contract, Kelenic is an idiot for not signing our offer, we owned Paxton in contract negotiations, Latin Am. players are too dumb to make correct change,and Iwakuma was faking not being able to speak english when he played for us? Would the media's portrayal of him be any more damning?
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:44 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:36 pm
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:16 pm
bpj wrote:

I see what you mean, I didn't think of it like that but makes sense also. Either way, Mather has said enough stupid things unnecessarily that he's gone and deserved it given his resume of gaffes.

I joke about the problem being systemic because we need new owners, but I am surprised the cancel culture stopped at Mather when what he said clearly reflects the stance they've taken.

To let free agents fall to them that will then come hat in hand for a deal 🤦‍♂️
Be surprised no more............
If the Mariners are truly committed to doing better, a platitude that John Stanton leans on in times of crisis, he needs to find some of the self-awareness that so often eluded his former subordinate. Doing better means cleaning house and finally putting actions to words. John Stanton must sell the team to someone that actually cares about the Seattle Mariners in ways other than profit, revenue, and fostering an environment of hatred.
https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2021/2/2 ... vue-rotary
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Stanton cares about the Mariners as an instrument for fostering an environment of hatred? Wow, i didn't realize he was that evil. That puts him almost up there with Trump.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 am
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am

Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?
I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.
But if you believe that Mather acts and acted alone and now he is gone then problem solved. I think it naïve to think that Mather was on an island talking to himself all the time. The company culture has allowed him to exist as a leader for almost a decade.
Not at all. There's just some things you don't say in public. Its one thing if you and I are talking like this over beers or on a forum. Completely different for the President to be airing it out on a LIVE ZOOM call.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 am
Hard to use covid as an excuse for a wasted year, while expecting Kelenic to make the jump out of spring training in the same breath.

I think the real difference is that you guys don't see a playoff team if they made sure the leaks were filled, and I see them fighting for it down two games in September.
I hope they do. I got them pegged for 82 wins in a 154 game format.
They are playing 162 games. I will have another $100 wins contest which I will post in a month.
Really?? Awesome. Then I'll bump that number up to 86.