Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:15 am

I'm not gonna keep going over over the specifics video. Watch it for yourself and make your own judgement call. No matter how you slice it this is a bad day for the organization, whether you want to believe it or not. Its not how you perceive it, its how others do.
But if you believe that Mather acts and acted alone and now he is gone then problem solved. I think it naïve to think that Mather was on an island talking to himself all the time. The company culture has allowed him to exist as a leader for almost a decade.
Not at all. There's just some things you don't say in public. Its one thing if you and I are talking like this over beers or on a forum. Completely different for the President to be airing it out on a LIVE ZOOM call.
The Zoom conference wasn't open to the public, but apparently it's very easy to record the session by any of those involved.

I wonder if the guy who kept appearing on camera for no reason at one point in the video is the one who posted it on youtube. He didn't look too happy about things.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm
I just hope Stanton can get in there and repair relationships with the players. Our rebuild hinges on whatever happens next
He was supposed to fly down today to address the team and meet with the players and coaches face to face.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm
I just hope Stanton can get in there and repair relationships with the players. Our rebuild hinges on whatever happens next
He fired the guy that said the offensive stuff and is flying down tomorrow to apologize in person. I think that will be enough to prevent the players from going on strike or sabotaging their own careers by playing like shit on purpose.
He did not fire him. That would've been better had he did. Stanton said Mather walked in ready to resign, so he didn't have to do anything but accept his resignation.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Delicate situation given partial ownership.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:48 pm

I am sure Stanton never heard of these issues. Kevin was comfortable enough to talk about it at Rotary, I am sure he never ever brought it up at owners meetings.

Systemic issue. This organization has been bad for a long time, this group of owners has a big problem. This coming out now is just the tip of the iceberg. No way there hasn't been other issues. Heck, we know now that they settled 1 day ago with Lorena proves it to me.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:43 pm
What if Mather had actually said Julio's english is lousy, Marco is a boring person, the FO manipulates service time to delay the promotion of prospects that are mlb ready, Seager has been lousy at the plate through much of his last contract, Kelenic is an idiot for not signing our offer, we owned Paxton in contract negotiations, Latin Am. players are too dumb to make correct change,and Iwakuma was faking not being able to speak english when he played for us? Would the media's portrayal of him be any more damning?
Maybe slightly worse. btw he did say Iwak's English is terrible. Verbatim
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:52 pm
Stanton cares about the Mariners as an instrument for fostering an environment of hatred? Wow, i didn't realize he was that evil. That puts him almost up there with Trump.
Lookout Landing could easily change the name of the site to Liberal Landing and it would be more accurate.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm

But if you believe that Mather acts and acted alone and now he is gone then problem solved. I think it naïve to think that Mather was on an island talking to himself all the time. The company culture has allowed him to exist as a leader for almost a decade.
Not at all. There's just some things you don't say in public. Its one thing if you and I are talking like this over beers or on a forum. Completely different for the President to be airing it out on a LIVE ZOOM call.
The Zoom conference wasn't open to the public, but apparently it's very easy to record the session by any of those involved.

I wonder if the guy who kept appearing on camera for no reason at one point in the video is the one who posted it on youtube. He didn't look too happy about things.
The interesting thing was that it took to weeks to post to youtube.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:38 pm

dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:38 pm
I totally agree with this.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1318115/ ... s-process/
Yes, Mr. Gallant has a great, infectious attitude. Thx for sharing.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!