Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

bpj

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:18 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:27 am
I'm old enough to remember top 25 prospect Jeremy Reed and Dustin Ackley.
Man I was so broken hearted over Ackley. Why you gotta bring up touchy subjects lol. :lol:
Ackley wasn't ready? He hit .272....348...417 ...766 his first season being called up after destroying AAA...
Ackley seemed ready. Then stuck around and became a deer in the headlights. Should have been sent back down instead of allowed to flounder until he lost every bit of confidence he ever had because he was "the answer ".

Thanks for proving my point.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

I find it a little sad that the cancel culture can destroy a person who they vile irregardless of the supposed sins he committed. I’m reminded of those who wanted to stone the whore and Jesus wrote in the dirt the sins of her accusers and after every cockroach scurried off he was left with her alone
I expect few of you to get this. But so woke and righteous to destroy someone instead of maybe letting them be embarrased and possibly become a better person

Sure he screwed up. But the mob rage yesterday was rather telling
And I was trolling all you

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm
I just hope Stanton can get in there and repair relationships with the players. Our rebuild hinges on whatever happens next
He fired the guy that said the offensive stuff and is flying down tomorrow to apologize in person. I think that will be enough to prevent the players from going on strike or sabotaging their own careers by playing like shit on purpose.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm
I find it a little sad that the cancel culture can destroy a person who they vile irregardless of the supposed sins he committed. I’m reminded of those who wanted to stone the whore and Jesus wrote in the dirt the sins of her accusers and after every cockroach scurried off he was left with her alone
I expect few of you to get this. But so woke and righteous to destroy someone instead of maybe letting them be embarrased and possibly become a better person

I noticed that everyone missed your sarcasm. I did not.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

I like I said before, if we have won a WS in his 25 year tenure or made the playoff in the past two decades or if he didn't have the sexual harassment charges just two years ago or if he had only made one or two questionable comments then he probably survives with a slap on the wrist.

Sucking ass for twenty years has consequences and removes all benefit of the doubt.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:59 pm
btw I feel like I owe Mather a thank card for getting the forum all fired up. There has been more posts since Sunday than the past two months combined. lol Great discussions btw and thanks to all for remaining civil for the most part.
Good timing too with Spring training starting up soon.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:

I agree, and that was my biggest problem. There were articles taking some quotes completely out of context and others that combined quotes on one subject with quotes on a different subject to make it sound like he said something he didn't. Did he deserve to be fired for his comments? I don't know, maybe, but that should not be for the twitter mob of people looking to be offended for anything to decide.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:32 pm
I like I said before, if we have won a WS in his 25 year tenure or made the playoff in the past two decades or if he didn't have the sexual harassment charges just two years ago or if he had only made one or two questionable comments then he probably survives with a slap on the wrist.

Sucking ass for twenty years has consequences and removes all benefit of the doubt.
You're putting the team's performance the past 20 years on Mather? How long has he been team president? And even if he was terrible in every position he has held with the organization that doesn't make it acceptable to impute the worst possible motives to everything he said in a private zoom session. I have no problem with him losing his job, but the media has made things considerably worse for the Mariners with their biased and in somescases dishonest reporting.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm
D-train wrote:

You're putting the team's performance the past 20 years on Mather? How long has he been team president? And even if he was terrible in every position he has held with the organization that doesn't make it acceptable to impute the worst possible motives to everything he said in a private zoom session. I have no problem with him losing his job, but the media has made things considerably worse for the Mariners with their biased and in somescases dishonest reporting.
I'm not doing anything other than giving you my thoughts on why he was fired. I agree with your last sentence.

If John Schneider or PC would have given an identical speech they would have easily survived imo. It probably would have been laughed of as goofy humor.
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:04 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 pm
D-train wrote:

I'm not doing anything other than giving you my thoughts on why he was fired. I agree with your last sentence.

If John Schneider or PC would have given an identical speech they would have easily survived imo. It probably would have been laughed of as goofy humor.
Neither guy would be dumb enough to openly criticise or mock players to the public. Even when Earl Thomas flipped Pete off, I never heard Pete say one bad word about him in a public sitting. Mather is just a piece of shit that talked too much