Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Donn Beach

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:36 am

:idea:
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am
Reading the Passon piece...Mather calling it a lapse of judgement. A lapse of judgment would have been a single flub, that was the entire session, that wasn't a lapse of judgment. Passon pointing out a number of things were not even true. Which gets to motivation, what was he after? Seems to me self promotion wasn't it? That kind of behavior, making himself bigger, more important? That's kind of wild coming from a CEO. In terms of Stanton, that was the guy they had running their baseball team. I doubt Mathers went through some sort of transformation when opened that zoom meeting
Exactly. I saw someone basically telling people how smart he was and looking like a complete jackass doing it.
The lapse of judgment he spoke of was undoubtedly to be candid and open about his view of issues pertaining to the Mariners, even though he believed his words would remain private. If you guys want to live in a society where everyone speaks in platitudes and pc/cya-babble then yesterday was a good day in the evolution of human freedom and genuineness in social interaction. What you should be worried about is what will fester underneath that shiny veneer of wokeness.
So the mistake was revealing to us what he thinks about the team he runs? That makes no sense,

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:36 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 am
bpj wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:13 am
People were outraged when Mather said some of the kids from outside the US had trouble with even basic things like counting change when they get to the US and it was considered racist when he said it. Even though it's very likely true.

What he said wasn't much different than this promoted LinkedIn tweet from where I'm sitting.
I think white kids working at a fast food restaurant have a tough time making change. What bugs me, is he was trying to illustrate how they are doing a better job preparing the kids to come to the US, and how they are taking care of them better with their facilities in the DSL. Almost everything he said that was bad, was more him trying to be funny than showing anything that the organization is doing wrong.
The fact that Personal Finance is still not taught in HS is by far the biggest flaw of the public educational system. People wonder way 90% of the 18-25 yo population has dog shit credit including the college student idiots that have taken out $100k in student loans to acquire borderline worthless degrees that will allow them to make $35k a year.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:36 am
:idea:
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Exactly. I saw someone basically telling people how smart he was and looking like a complete jackass doing it.
The lapse of judgment he spoke of was undoubtedly to be candid and open about his view of issues pertaining to the Mariners, even though he believed his words would remain private. If you guys want to live in a society where everyone speaks in platitudes and pc/cya-babble then yesterday was a good day in the evolution of human freedom and genuineness in social interaction. What you should be worried about is what will fester underneath that shiny veneer of wokeness.
So the mistake was revealing to us what he thinks about the team he runs? That makes no sense,
You must not have seen the bolded part. He wasn't revealing anything to us, it was a private zoom conference. His mistake was not assuming someone else would take it public.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:36 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 am
bpj wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:13 am
People were outraged when Mather said some of the kids from outside the US had trouble with even basic things like counting change when they get to the US and it was considered racist when he said it. Even though it's very likely true.

What he said wasn't much different than this promoted LinkedIn tweet from where I'm sitting.
I think white kids working at a fast food restaurant have a tough time making change. What bugs me, is he was trying to illustrate how they are doing a better job preparing the kids to come to the US, and how they are taking care of them better with their facilities in the DSL. Almost everything he said that was bad, was more him trying to be funny than showing anything that the organization is doing wrong.
The fact that Personal Finance is still not taught in HS is by far the biggest flaw of the public educational system. People wonder way 90% of the 18-25 yo population has dog shit credit including the college student idiots that have taken out $100k in student loans to acquire borderline worthless degrees that will allow them to make $35k a year.
Well, here in Oregon, math is now racist, so that isn't going to help kids.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... remacy.amp
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez