I have decided to leave the forum.

IStillLoveTheMs

I have decided to leave the forum.

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Well guys, it's been a solid 15-plus -year run between here and the Seattle Times forum. You've known me by many names... AstroDawg and ISLTM to name a few. Over the years, I've truly enjoyed creating lengthy posts about the Seahawks and most Husky sports... plus being a regular contributor on the Mariners forum. It really has been an enjoyable experience chatting with the majority of you... but it's also been sad to see the number of quality posters who have left over the years... plus seeing just how much this place has gone down hill.

Mariners threads are generally pretty weak when they used to go 30 pages deep. Seahawks threads don't get started until the middle of the 1st quarter and they're mostly barren. The Husky/Cougar discussion are mostly a joke these days, and it's just not fun to post about them... and I truly do think it's just the toxic nature of this board by one particular member that has that has caused people to stay away and discourages people to post.

As much as I like talking sports with the members of this board... I realize that even my own sports commentary has devolved to a less-than-satisfactory quality because of the back and forth between myself and a particular member of this forum. To be honest, I'm surprised a lot of my commentary has been allowed... I'm not proud of the discussions I've had regarding this less-than-decent human... but I'm not one to back down when I see someone bullying people. I actually had some passion for this place and hoped it had some integrity, but clearly it does not.

I knew this place was in trouble when I was getting personal PM's from long-tenured members of this forum telling me that they were quitting because they couldn't stand dealing with a particular member of this forum. Worse, that they were sad their "friends" over many years weren't standing up for them about this particular member on this forum...

To the bulk of you, I wish you good luck and thank you for the time you've spent reading the stuff I've written and giving your commentary. Whether we had disagreements or not, it was generally constructive and enjoyable.

To the others, you've just lost another one.

bpj

Re: I have decided to leave the forum.

Post by bpj » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:46 pm

What you don't get is this forum was started because the Times was silencing one side politically and it was dying off anyways.

This is a place where anybody can say whatever tf they want.

Your goal all along has been to get me off the forum. It's what you wanted to stake the election on and I told you to pack sand because I don't control the world.

Just ridiculous. This forum was started to ensure that nobody got censored- as you point out, the founders went out of their way to allow your big mouth to go off- because that's free speech.

Do your thing. But trying to silence others? Come on, be better than that. Enjoy your time elsewhere.

Like with any others that don't post, you're only exiling yourself by demanding others be silenced. Enjoy 🤷‍♂️

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm

IStillLoveTheM's, I've felt the same way at times, and am sad to hear you are leaving us. You've always had great input, whether we've disagreed or not. A lot of people in this world are spineless when it comes to the internet, and it shows, because they do not have to face someone directly with which the garbage that spews from there mouth, that they would have to face any consequences. I just ignore them and pretend like they don't even exist on the planet because they are what's called "toxic people". I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever decide to change you're mind, do not hesitate to come back.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm

I imagine everyone that believes in "safe spaces" has felt that way at times.

His baseball input will be missed.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:25 pm

I predict the forum will be far less "toxic" after today's events.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:25 pm
Listen, for all those that may have bailed because of bpj, I do apologize.

I'll always clap back and probably not apologize for it or I wouldn't have said it to begin with.

I won't instigate with any of you as long as youse do the same for me.

I don't mind taking a few swipes, you won't find me complaining about it. Everyone's welcome to say whatever they want.

Everyone can get along in the Mariners forum, Biden's in control, so let Hawk rant and we can all be cool.

Is there any reason anybody can give to want to stop Hawk from posting his opinion? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. So why take away his voice as they advocated? Makes no sense.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:35 pm
D-train wrote:

I'll always clap back and probably not apologize for it or I wouldn't have said it to begin with.

I don't mind taking a few swipes, you won't find me complaining about it. Everyone's welcome to say whatever they want.

Everyone can get along in the Mariners forum, Biden's in control, so let Hawk rant and we can all be cool.

Is there any reason anybody can give to want to stop Hawk from posting his opinion? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. So why take away his voice as they advocated? Makes no sense.
People can post what they want about baseball but keep politics or other crap not related to baseball off the threads IMO.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:43 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:35 pm
D-train wrote:

People can post what they want about baseball but keep politics or other crap not related to baseball off the threads IMO.
I think we've agreed to that, and I have been following it as far as I know, unless I'm dragged into an orange man bad deal like today in the Kyle Lewis thread.

kpak76

Post by kpak76 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:45 pm

Good luck to you

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:00 pm

D-train wrote:
This has got to be the first thread where it’s announced out loud I’m leaving.........>..........>..........>..............................................