The OKC Comparison

Michael K.

The OKC Comparison

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Someone just texted into the John Clayton show and asked if OKC losing Harden, Durant and Westbrook is similar to the Mariners losing Griffey, Johnson and A Rod. I immediately shook my head in agreement....and then remember how amazing it was for them to then set a regular season record for wins.

I have often said that was the downfall of this organization. I read Art Thiel's book, and he mentioned how the FO became enamored with the idea that you didn't need Stars to win. That was a big reason they didn't add pieces at the deadline, instead making small moves to hold on to pieces for the future...that never materialized.

It was the beginning of my hatred for Lincoln and Armstrong...but, remembering that record setting year this morning had me amazed. The Blunder will be lucky to win 25% of their games next year, and granted...they lost a larger portion of their starting lineup, but am I correct in that it is pretty eye opening how amazing that record setting run was?

D-train

Re: The OKC Comparison

Post by D-train » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm

OKC has about 50 first round picks the next few years. That should be interesting to see how it plays out. I predict the Clippers will be barely over .500 this season and will lose in the first or second round of the playoffs and Ballmer can kiss my ass too.
dt