AAA Tacoma

Hanjag

AAA Tacoma

Post by Hanjag » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 am

Just a quick shout-out to Tommy Milone oen of the vet depth guys. 7.2 innings 10ks 3 hits 1 walk in a T-town shutout.
The line-up
Austin Nola C 85 ABs of 1.000+ OPS.
JP Crawford SS has a solid .832 OPS showing gap power and 3SB
Mallex Smith CF is off to a hot start 1.167 OPS in his 1st 9 ABs.
David Frietas C has a .886 OPS
Shed Long utility .804 OPS
Braden Bishop .800 OPS

Pitchers:
Starters
Justice and Swanson are prospects and have already appeared on the mlb roster. Swanson had a no-no into the 6th today.
The other starters are vet insurance Bergman, Millone, Neise,

BP:
Armstrong, Altavilla, Festa, Rumbelow and others have mixed results.

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: AAA Tacoma

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 06, 2019 4:55 am

There's already a minor league thread. It's easy to miss because the forum admin moved it to the "announcements" area at the top of the index. Don't know why they didn't just make it a sticky thread.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 am

Sibelius wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 4:55 am
There's already a minor league thread. It's easy to miss because the forum admin moved it to the "announcements" area at the top of the index. Don't know why they didn't just make it a sticky thread.
I don't care it is not sufficient. I like tracking each level. Tracking each player is too much. One thread is too much of a waste of time. I don't like reading pages and pages of crap to catch 1 little bit of relevant info. To me just have relevant top 5 or top 10 important guys at each level tracked and updated.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 am
Sibelius wrote:
I don't care it is not sufficient. I like tracking each level. Tracking each player is too much. One thread is too much of a waste of time. I don't like reading pages and pages of crap to catch 1 little bit of relevant info. To me just have relevant top 5 or top 10 important guys at each level tracked and updated.
You might want to track that Freitas is a Milwaukee Brewer now.
April 14, 2019: Traded by the Seattle Mariners to the Milwaukee Brewers for Sal Biasi (minors).
I think that is sufficient and relevant info and not crap.

A running thread for each level is a solid idea.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 am
Sibelius wrote:
Depends on how often wr get updates. Seems the minor league thread historically gets updates when a player is doing something spectacular and noteworthy, maybe a few times a week. 1 thread is sufficient for that. If wr get multiple updates daily for each team, that is different, but you can go to Marinersminors on Twitter and get that.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

rockycola

Courting Indie Skeeters

Post by rockycola » Tue May 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Sufficient and relevent breaking news that just might not be crap:

Say hello, fresh from the 2019 Sugar Land Skeeters, Independent Atlantic League (Freedom Division).
Ryan Court, a soon to be 31 year old (May 28th) with no MLB experience is your Joey Curletto replacement for the AAA Tacoma Rainiers.
In 3 AAA seasons, he's .263 \ .353 \ .405 \ .758 with 21 home runs.
In 7 total minor league years "FromtheWastelands" Court is primarily a 3B/1B guy who can play SS, 2B and LF.

I changed my mind. This is CRAP.
Date Transaction
05/07/19 Seattle Mariners selected the contract of SS Ryan Court from Sugar Land Skeeters.

Juliooooo

Re: Courting Indie Skeeters

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am

rockycola wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Say hello, fresh from the 2019 Sugar Land Skeeters, Independent Atlantic League (Freedom Division).
Ryan Court, a soon to be 31 year old (May 28th) with no MLB experience is your Joey Curletto replacement for the AAA Tacoma Rainiers.
In 7 total minor league years "FromtheWastelands" Court is primarily a 3B/1B guy who can play SS, 2B and LF.

Date Transaction
05/07/19 Seattle Mariners selected the contract of SS Ryan Court from Sugar Land Skeeters.
I don't care who Dipoto brings in to sit the bench in Tacoma. It stinks that he's DFA'ing good players while stockpiling crappy relievers though. Court isn't getting a spot on the 40 man roster, right, so who cares.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

rockycola

Re: Courting Indie Skeeters

Post by rockycola » Wed May 08, 2019 10:47 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am
rockycola wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Date Transaction
I don't care who Dipoto brings in to sit the bench in Tacoma. It stinks that he's DFA'ing good players while stockpiling crappy relievers though. Court isn't getting a spot on the 40 man roster, right, so who cares.
Right now the Rainiers don't have a 1st baseman so he not for the bench as obscure as he may be. Yesterday, fresh from the Skeeters he batted 6th, went 1-4 with a 2-run homerun. He's shiit, I get that, and have a hard time understanding why Curletta was dfa'd instead of a few patsy pitchers.
Just goes to shot that while the minors have improved in depth it's still very pitching weak. And catching weak. And middle infield and 3rd base weak...........need I go on?
If Court makes it onto the 40 man the M's are in even deeper than they're proving to be.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed May 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Tonight another pitching reclamation project will be on he mound for Tacoma. 32 y.o. lefty Jon Niese is on the mound for his 3rd appearance (start) since signing with the M's.
He hadn't pitched anywhere since 2016 before the Mariners took a chance on him. 69-68 MLB record, 4.07 ERA in 9 seasons.
Is one of three LH starters in Tacoma along with Sheffield and Tommy Milone. Wade LeBlanc is rehabilitating.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu May 09, 2019 8:10 am

Ruben Alaniz has pitched 6.1 innings in Tacoma (19 outs) and has 16 K's.

If that guy can learn to find the strike zone with command he will be another strong bullpen candidate.

For those who follow the numbers, that's a 22.74 K/9 rate. Ridiculous.

I hope they can keep polishing these turds. So to speak.