Beckham rocking a 140 wRC+

Vogelbomb

Beckham rocking a 140 wRC+

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm

That's good for 5th among AL SSs, tied with Tim Anderson and trailing Jorge Polanco(?) at 154. I think.. trying to remember the number now... Damn Jorge Polanco.. Anyways, are we really going to sit Beckham down for JP Crawford in a couple weeks when he's producing like this with the bat?

D-train

Re: Beckham rocking a 140 wRC+

Post by D-train » Tue May 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Not a in a couple weeks but in a couple months if Crawford is still hitting and Beckham regresses to his career norms as he likely will.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm
That's good for 5th among AL SSs, tied with Tim Anderson and trailing Jorge Polanco(?) at 154. I think.. trying to remember the number now... Damn Jorge Polanco.. Anyways, are we really going to sit Beckham down for JP Crawford in a couple weeks when he's producing like this with the bat?
Trade Beckham while his value is high. Or trade Dee and move Beckham to 2B.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

harmony

Post by harmony » Tue May 07, 2019 6:55 pm

The most fascinating numbers may be the .131 and .238 BABIP from Jay Bruce and Edwin Encarnacion, respectively:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx? ... =&players=

Of course when either makes contact the ball often leaves the field of play as evidenced by their 11 and 10 home runs, respectively.

Bruce and Encarnaction may provide the hoped-for trade value as mid-summer approaches.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue May 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm
Trade Beckham while his value is high. Or trade Dee and move Beckham to 2B.
If they could do both of those things it would be huge.

Especially Gordon, dont wait too long if a trade presents itself. Shed him.

Beckham is an interesting case. I'd trade Gordon asap but Beckham as a 2B is very interesting. Much more than Dee. I've tried holding my tongue but there's really no reason to have a Dee Gordon on your team these days with guys like Beckham available.

Anyways I'm all for trading both. Beckham has another year of arbitration control and is, in my opinion, a perfect guy to slap with a Qualifying Offer if he keeps hitting so it should be a decent haul if he gets traded.

One way or another there's another logjam ahead with Seager coming.

I love that Bruce appears to have taken RF with Haniger in CF. Clears Bruce from the 1B/DH mix and gets Vogey more at bats. Plus, Bruce is a great defender compared to Mallex Smith so improvement all around, huzzah!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 pm

bpj wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:19 pm

If they could do both of those things it would be huge.

Especially Gordon, dont wait too long if a trade presents itself. Shed him.

Beckham is an interesting case. I'd trade Gordon asap but Beckham as a 2B is very interesting. Much more than Dee. I've tried holding my tongue but there's really no reason to have a Dee Gordon on your team these days with guys like Beckham available.

Anyways I'm all for trading both. Beckham has another year of arbitration control and is, in my opinion, a perfect guy to slap with a Qualifying Offer if he keeps hitting so it should be a decent haul if he gets traded.

One way or another there's another logjam ahead with Seager coming.

I love that Bruce appears to have taken RF with Haniger in CF. Clears Bruce from the 1B/DH mix and gets Vogey more at bats. Plus, Bruce is a great defender compared to Mallex Smith so improvement all around, huzzah!
I think Bruce is a better defender than Santana.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 pm

[/quote]

Carlos Santana (the guitar legend) is a better defender than Domingo.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 am

Ziskmagic wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 pm
Carlos Santana (the guitar legend) is a better defender than Domingo.
[/quote]

If he leads the league in RBI's he can play half the time out there barehanded for all I care.

RBI's may be "team dependent" until you get guys like Aoki and Gamel as your corner outfielders and it becomes evident that they are not.

Healy scored a run on a sac fly today that sally slapper would have grounded out to the 2B on. Small things that = runs on the board.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 am

bpj wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 am
If he leads the league in RBI's he can play half the time out there barehanded for all I care.

RBI's may be "team dependent" until you get guys like Aoki and Gamel as your corner outfielders and it becomes evident that they are not.

Healy scored a run on a sac fly today that sally slapper would have grounded out to the 2B on. Small things that = runs on the board.
I'd have to go back and look, but I think they have played Santana in LF when they used Bruce as a DH.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed May 08, 2019 1:05 am

I didnt mean anything about Santana not playing LF.

I just meant sluggers put runs on the board in ways like Healy did today on the sac fly. Things we've been missing for years- scoring runs on 3rd with less than 2 outs, for example.