Catch a toothless Tiger by the tongue game thread

Juliooooo

Re: Catch a toothless Tiger by the tongue game thread

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:28 am

Haniger with a double, RBI and run scored in Modesto. 1-2 so far.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Petert

Post by Petert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:28 am
I wonder if he’s being besieged with requests of folks to autograph their ‘Nuts’ jerseys... :?

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 am

Petert wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am
Juliooooo wrote:
I wonder if he’s being besieged with requests of folks to autograph their ‘Nuts’ jerseys... :?
Yeah, I was only joking when I said he should rehab with the nuts after his injury. I'd forgotten all about that, and the irony of it.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 am

bpj wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:39 am
Seager's OPS at .756. :shock: If he finished the season close to .800 he might be tradeable.
That would he awesome! Let's hope!

Not trying to nitpick your comment, I have the same hope, just adding that it's pretty amazing how little production we demand (and get) from our players.

Even an .800 OPS would be good for 18th of 25 third basemen if Seager had enough PA. :shock:
3rd base is loaded right now. I remember not so many years back that you had 2 or 3 legit playersper league manning the hot corner and the rest were basically journeyman.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:06 am
Petert wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Yeah, I was only joking when I said he should rehab with the nuts after his injury. I'd forgotten all about that, and the irony of it.
I was somewhat worried about the Haniger asset in general. Not to be a company man but with the slow start and extended injury he has probably about halved his value in my estimation. I mean last off season you have a player on an upward projectory: coming off a #11 in MVP voting, a 138 OPS+, 6.1WAR, and earning MLB mininum for 2019 then 3 years of Arby control.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:55 am

Hanjag wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:21 am

I was somewhat worried about the Haniger asset in general. Not to be a company man but with the slow start and extended injury he has probably about halved his value in my estimation. I mean last off season you have a player on an upward projectory: coming off a #11 in MVP voting, a 138 OPS+, 6.1WAR, and earning MLB mininum for 2019 then 3 years of Arby control.
Im curious what kind if packages teams were offering on the winter. I know Atlanta was interested. I doubt they would have included Soroko, probably Riley too, but could Ms have gotten Pache, Anderson and maybe 1 of their other top prospects for him?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:32 am

Can we now figure out a way to trade Seager?

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:55 am
Hanjag wrote:

Im curious what kind if packages teams were offering on the winter. I know Atlanta was interested. I doubt they would have included Soroko, probably Riley too, but could Ms have gotten Pache, Anderson and maybe 1 of their other top prospects for him?
I am not sure but look what the Whitesox got for Adam Eaton. Eaton had basically 3 years of 120 OPS+ but was already making just under 3 M in his last year with Sox. There were several high profile prospects that came back headlined by one of the top pitcher prospects in Lucas Gioloto concensus top 10, backed by Dane Dunning top 100 propsect and 1st Rd. pick, and Reynoldo Lopez a rookie pitcher with upside.

Eaton's salary escalated in the years the Nat's got him and his production dropped and is now below at a OPS+ 97 but has not been a bad player. So a little more consistent but lower ceiling vs a cheaper and higher upside in Haniger.

I imagine Haniger had offers of at least multiple top 100 types but I doubt in the current climate that a top 5 in all of baseball was in the mix but I could be wrong.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:55 am
Hanjag wrote:

I am not sure but look what the Whitesox got for Adam Eaton. Eaton had basically 3 years of 120 OPS+ but was already making just under 3 M in his last year with Sox. There were several high profile prospects that came back headlined by one of the top pitcher prospects in Lucas Gioloto concensus top 10, backed by Dane Dunning top 100 propsect and 1st Rd. pick, and Reynoldo Lopez a rookie pitcher with upside.

Eaton's salary escalated in the years the Nat's got him and his production dropped and is now below at a OPS+ 97 but has not been a bad player. So a little more consistent but lower ceiling vs a cheaper and higher upside in Haniger.

I imagine Haniger had offers of at least multiple top 100 types but I doubt in the current climate that a top 5 in all of baseball was in the mix but I could be wrong.
I knew Eaton was over rated but the White still can't even field a .500 team with all of their "great" trades.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:24 pm

I would feel more comfortable if they were, everybody else failing to field a .500 team with all the great trades for me doesn't bode well with the Mariners doing it with all their great trades