LeBlanc and the Lefties vs the Waguespack and the Wizkids. GT 8/16 4:07 PT

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: LeBlanc and the Lefties vs the Waguespack and the Wizkids. GT 8/16 4:07 PT

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:22 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:13 am
I missed his HR, but just saw the replay. Vlad Guerrerro is going to be so tough to deal with in the future. Leblanc had 2 strikes, and made a pitch about 8 inches below the knees, and 8 inches inside off the plate, and he still managed to crush it.
Welcome to the "live" ball era.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:44 am

Jr seems to have skills a lot like his father, he can go out of the strike zone with effect

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 am
bpj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 am
Anyways, we literally just watched Dee Gordon and Mallex bounce hits through the infield.

I would put money on AT LEAST one of those being outs if those hops happened on a grass/dirt field.

Mallex did exactly that to the tune of 21 more singles at home compared to on the road last year with the Rays in very similar plate appearances.

I won't stop saying facts just because people here dont like hearing it. The opportunity presented itself to point out exactly what I mean.

If you don't agree, say so, don't just be a little bitch. The other alternative is not saying anything like the rest of the people who do or dont come to the forum.

If you want silence why come to a forum. To enjoy all of the non-posting these guys do?
Its not that I don't agree. I have never said I like Mallex Smith. You come into a dead game thread, make 3 posts (out of 9 total posts) and they are all about Mallex Smith. You are the one obsessed with him
Sorry you dont like it, but I'm also not concerned about it. I post what I feel like posting.

Until Mallex earns a spot I'll rag on him. Especially when he's still getting run out there daily.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:56 am

bpj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 am

Sorry you dont like it, but I'm also not concerned about it. I post what I feel like posting.

Until Mallex earns a spot I'll rag on him. Especially when he's still getting run out there daily.
:roll:
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Mallex Smith to the bench for a few days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shannondraye ... 5324531712

Santana had been given "a few mental days" and a chance to work on his swing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shannondraye ... 0799385601
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 pm

When you get picked off at first base by the catcher when you're not even the lead Runner should be benched a month
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 pm
When you get picked off at first base by the catcher when you're not even the lead Runner should be benched a month
I hope he's moved in the offseason. Bishop can actually play CF, and we have Haniger, fraley and Santana for the other 3 spots. Lewis wil hopefully be ready after 1-2 months in Tacoma as well.

SphereStrikesOut

Post by SphereStrikesOut » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:29 am

I like this Austin Nola player. Almost the perfect utility guy for the 4 infield spots and catcher. His splits are pretty good batting against right and left handers. He hasn't played outfield in his career but he is very competent everywhere else on the field. Seems he is more comfortable as a major league player than he was in the minor leagues.

Tim Lopes is useful, too. Never played any outfield in the minors but here he is covering left field for Seattle.

Dylan Moore is an adequate utility player, infield and outfield.

They're all right handed batters. My perfect utility guy is a switch hitter

I'd bet that Nola is taking outfield drills to make himself more complete. Between the 3 of them I look forward to Nola winning the job in 2020.

Shed Long is definitely in the mix, is the sole left handed hitter. He doesn't play first but he has been a catcher. He's short at 5'8' but that doesn't bother me if he can stroke the ball.

Servais and Dipoto are getting a long look at a lot of bodies passing through the dugout.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:46 am

SphereStrikesOut wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:29 am
I like this Austin Nola player. Almost the perfect utility guy for the 4 infield spots and catcher. His splits are pretty good batting against right and left handers. He hasn't played outfield in his career but he is very competent everywhere else on the field. Seems he is more comfortable as a major league player than he was in the minor leagues.

Tim Lopes is useful, too. Never played any outfield in the minors but here he is covering left field for Seattle.

Dylan Moore is an adequate utility player, infield and outfield.

They're all right handed batters. My perfect utility guy is a switch hitter

I'd bet that Nola is taking outfield drills to make himself more complete. Between the 3 of them I look forward to Nola winning the job in 2020.

Shed Long is definitely in the mix, is the sole left handed hitter. He doesn't play first but he has been a catcher. He's short at 5'8' but that doesn't bother me if he can stroke the ball.

Servais and Dipoto are getting a long look at a lot of bodies passing through the dugout.
Mariners need righties, that's why nola could find himself a spot. I don't know that there is room for Moore and Lopes. Walton will have something to say about it as well sometime in 2020.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 pm
I hope he's moved in the offseason. Bishop can actually play CF, and we have Haniger, fraley and Santana for the other 3 spots. Lewis wil hopefully be ready after 1-2 months in Tacoma as well.
And that's where we differ. Bishop doesn't even belong in the discussion and you're slapping him in CF.

If you have Haniger, Fraley and Santana, why in the world would you settle for Bishop in CF when all 3 of those other guys could be in the lineup?

Bishop doesn't belong in the discussion. He's a Dylan Moore, Mallex Smith, Keon Broxton. He's not going to be in the conversation. Look back at his PCL numbers. On the surface, ok, but in the PCL this season, unremarkable. There's no reason to waste CF on a bad player anymore. Just put a good bat there that can play CF and get your best guys in the game.