David Gee Snoozes and Loses but M's Win GT

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: David Gee Snoozes and Loses but M's Win GT

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:21 pm
he gave up three runs in the third. So they need to get a hit by the third inning or Kirby falls apart. Okay
Well, when you put it that way i guess it sounds pretty silly.

So what is your explanation for Kirby's performance so far? To me he seems more susceptible to losing focus over things outside his control than most pitchers i have observed.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm

No idea, probably mechanical issues. Guys struggling at the beginning of the season even with spring training isn't uncommon. I was going to point out Castillo is known for it. His career April May era is over 4.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm
Think we are getting side tracked. The issue was Sibelius Hindemith making excuses, that is a lack of run support could be impacting his ability to focus. I don't think Kirby has given run support a chance, he's messed up too early. Kirby isn't part of the discussion. I thought it was funny Michael terming it as victim, but Kirby hasn't done it. But I did point out he did last season.
Pitching poorly because of lack of Run support is ridiculous. Felix did it for almost 15 years...
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:07 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 am
Ha! Kirby plays the victim card. lol

last season he complained about not being pulled soon enough so who knows
Where are you seeing he played the victim card?
I was responding to the complaining about his run support. Give up runs in bunches the way Kirby does and you probably won't win! By that logic I could just say the hitters are tired of his over rated ass giving up a ton of runs before they even get a second at bat!

I just read a post on twitter that says to trade Julio so he can play for someone that wants to win. The dude is hitting .196 with an OPS under .480. MAYBE if the guys paid to hit would actually hit and the guys paid to pitch would actually pitch? The excuse making is pathetic. Look at the prediction thread in here. This lineup SHOULD hit better. This Pitching staff SHOULD pitch better. If anything the organization is guilty of setting a losing culture and apparently hiring a coaching staff that can't coach for shit!

But Jesus, people act like these guys are seven year olds and the organization is just so mean they can't play. Poor top of our order, all hitting under .200, but if the owners weren't so mean? I'm sure they'd all be tearing it up, right? BS. These guys are no different than everyone else that plays here. Swing from their asses, the ball doesn't go over the wall, go pout, and stink until May. Wash, rinse and repeat.

What's wrong with the Pitching? Who knows. Maybe the pressure of knowing if you give up two runs you lose is mounting? BUT, let's blame the ownership group for why guys that are supposed to be the face of the franchise and perennial All Stars have an OPS of .480! Keep swinging out your ass Julio, your numbers will average out when it gets warm, everyone will love you because you smile and laugh, we will miss the playoffs, but you will get paid and the team will make money. Only losers are the people rooting for a team that makes the playoffs once every two plus decades.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:43 pm

Can't believe how much my opinion of Julio has fallen in the past two weeks....
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm
No idea, probably mechanical issues. Guys struggling at the beginning of the season even with spring training isn't uncommon. I was going to point out Castillo is known for it. His career April May era is over 4.
Mechanical issues? Stop making excuses.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:53 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm
Think we are getting side tracked. The issue was Sibelius Hindemith making excuses, that is a lack of run support could be impacting his ability to focus. I don't think Kirby has given run support a chance, he's messed up too early. Kirby isn't part of the discussion. I thought it was funny Michael terming it as victim, but Kirby hasn't done it. But I did point out he did last season.
Pitching poorly because of lack of Run support is ridiculous. Felix did it for almost 15 years...
Pitchers job is to get outs, I really don't think many pitchers are hung up on win loss records these days. I think a pitcher gets more upset over defense than offense, defense impacts his job.