OT Headed to AZ!

D-train

OT Headed to AZ!

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:48 pm

Finally got an answer from these jokers....
Screenshot 2024-04-10 6.22.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 6.22.11 PM.png (87.02 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Screenshot 2024-04-11 11.21.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 11.21.51 AM.png (75.36 KiB) Viewed 345 times
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: OT Headed to AZ!

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm

Thanks for the update D!

There's a reason for everything.
Will miss you back east but I'm happy you're going West.

Spring Training at DTrains house!!! :lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:57 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:52 pm
Thanks for the update D!

There's a reason for everything.
Will miss you back east but I'm happy you're going West.

Spring Training at DTrains house!!! :lol:
Absolutely! I am going to by a 4 bedroom just for that reason!!!
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:18 pm

Glad you are heading west, but sorry the job didn't pan out. They pulled that cheesy "overqualified" shit on Julie at Microsoft more than once after being a full-time employee for many years and then going into contract work for them.

"Julie, you were overqualified for this role; we are looking for someone more in the weeds. We will keep you in mind if a more suitable role becomes available."

Fuck 'em! Enjoy Arizona!

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:53 pm

maoling wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:18 pm
Glad you are heading west, but sorry the job didn't pan out. They pulled that cheesy "overqualified" shit on Julie at Microsoft more than once after being a full-time employee for many years and then going into contract work for them.

"Julie, you were overqualified for this role; we are looking for someone more in the weeds. We will keep you in mind if a more suitable role becomes available."

Fuck 'em! Enjoy Arizona!
I agree, picking the more "junior" candidate over the higher qualified candidate sounds a whole lot like ageism to me.

Arizona sounds awesome anyways, California's a mess. Contlgratulations Darren, does this mean retirement?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:56 pm

maoling wrote:

Fuck 'em! Enjoy Arizona!
I love how they think they are more qualified to decide what is best for my career. They said they thought I would be bored in the role. Like what I am doing now all day is so challenging and rewarding. LOL
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:59 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:53 pm
maoling wrote:

Fuck 'em! Enjoy Arizona!
I agree, picking the more "junior" candidate over the higher qualified candidate sounds a whole lot like ageism to me.

Arizona sounds awesome anyways, California's a mess. Contlgratulations Darren, does this mean retirement?
I am working on locking in a consulting role that pays $80-$100 an hour. If I can do that I will be a lot better off than I am now because my house payment will go from $5k to zero and will be making almost as much as I made here. I will have to pay $1600 a month for Health insurance but that's a lot less than $5k.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 pm

Yes, dt, I hope (and have a pretty good feeling that you will) make lemonade out of this lemon. Over the age of 40 *IS* a protected class per the feds, you know, but I suspect you wouldn't want to pursue that. What I don't get is why Neurocrine waited so long (and put you through so much) to figure out that they wanted someone green around the gills that could be trained. Not the best HR practice IMHO.

Best of luck to you!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm

gil wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 pm
Yes, dt, I hope (and have a pretty good feeling that you will) make lemonade out of this lemon. Over the age of 40 *IS* a protected class per the feds, you know, but I suspect you wouldn't want to pursue that. What I don't get is why Neurocrine waited so long (and put you through so much) to figure out that they wanted someone green around the gills that could be trained. Not the best HR practice IMHO.

Best of luck to you!
Listen to this. Blessing in disguise that I won't be reporting to this guy. Either he is a liar or a pussy afraid to "Spook" his colleagues....
Screenshot 2024-04-11 4.10.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 4.10.19 PM.png (126.48 KiB) Viewed 294 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:14 pm

I actually interviewed with the VP he mentions and brought up the bored issue and he agreed it was ridiculous. So something smells in Denmark.

Also I told them that at the beginning of March that I was free to come to SD any time but the week I was in AZ and they ignored it and booked it right in the middle of my vacation so instead of relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends that I only see once a year I was stressing out and thinking of interview questions in the stands at the games.
dt