Mitch Garver the most senseless signing ever

Donn Beach

Re: Mitch Garver the most senseless signing ever

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm

Not sure about solutions. I was referring to a player that went from a warm weather club to a cold weather club where he hadn't had success to begin with. That spring training doesn't do him any favors

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:38 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 pm
Yeah, I don't know about kelenic. It's not the first time he has retooled. He did it as a mariner. My take on kelenic is his swing needs constant retooling. He is sort of the opposite of Junior. There isn't anything natural about it
He has a ten cent head. The dude is a douche. I honestly don't care what he hits this year, I'm glad he's gone.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm
Not sure about solutions. I was referring to a player that went from a warm weather club to a cold weather club where he hadn't had success to begin with. That spring training doesn't do him any favors
Pretty valid point. Everyone knows that hitters warm up with the weather. And hitting is so mental. It isn't like Garver didn't know he was Oh for his career here.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm

It's probably time to stop adding/trading for hitters who have the benefit of hitting around superstars or ridiculous ballpark settings.

You can't tell me Garver didn't benefit hitting around Semien, Seager, Lowe... you can't tell me Teo didn't benefit hitting around Vladdy Jr, Springer, Bichette... you can't tell me Winker didn't benefit hitting around Votto or hitting in GABP... you can't tell me Pollock didn't benefit hitting around Smith, Muncy, Seager, Betts, Turner...

The pressure was never on any of these guys to be a big bat... they were always role players. Come to the Mariners and all of a sudden Garver is batting 4th and expected to crush 30 dingers and hit for an .850 OPS.

This is what buying around the fringes will get you though.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:29 pm
It's probably time to stop adding/trading for hitters who have the benefit of hitting around superstars or ridiculous ballpark settings.

You can't tell me Garver didn't benefit hitting around Semien, Seager, Lowe... you can't tell me Teo didn't benefit hitting around Vladdy Jr, Springer, Bichette... you can't tell me Winker didn't benefit hitting around Votto or hitting in GABP... you can't tell me Pollock didn't benefit hitting around Smith, Muncy, Seager, Betts, Turner...

The pressure was never on any of these guys to be a big bat... they were always role players. Come to the Mariners and all of a sudden Garver is batting 4th and expected to crush 30 dingers and hit for an .850 OPS.

This is what buying around the fringes will get you though.
Legit point, and one I've honestly never thought of.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:59 pm
Been thinking about spring training, these guys spend six weeks preparing but come out flat as a pancake once the season commences. So what's the point, and it seems some players wonder that as well. Spring training seems more beneficial for pitchers than hitters. Players are suggesting shortening it.

Deal is, at least to some is weather. It's held in warm weather regions. When the weather turns cold the advantage is argued goes to the pitcher. So you have someone like Garver who hasn't had success at T-mobile. They condition with the pitchers in warm weather and then move north to begin the season in cold weather. I don't know, but it seemed interesting to me, particularly with the difficulties with new additions. How they struggle in the beginning. Teo figured it out and I'm expecting Garver to as well
Teo had about a .600 OPS at T Mobile. Never figured it out and wasn't coming back on a one year deal that it why it was so weak and pathetic to not offer him a QO.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:34 pm

That 2 looking Ks to end the inning the ump wouldn’t ring up. Takes an extra 10 pitches to get out of the second
Last edited by Juliooooo on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm

Then he Ks France on that? Bull shit
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm
Oh my wife heard me scream from that bullshit call down the hall!!! 😡
Attachments
received_3393229677634187.jpeg

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:13 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:38 pm
Oh my wife heard me scream from that bullshit call down the hall!!! 😡
Mariners got one of those in the 7th for Thornton though…