GT 4/24 - "All hat, No cattle" TX vs. SEA

Juliooooo

Re: GT 4/24 - "All hat, No cattle" TX vs. SEA

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 am

Clase lives, now where the **** has he been
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 am
Clase lives, now where the **** has he been
So, will Garver suit up with his tools of ignorance???

Never mind, I was showing my ignorance, thinking it was the 8th.,
Last edited by rockycola on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 am

Good night boyz!

Watching this game was as painful or more as the tooth they pulled from Cal Raleigh's mouth. :mrgreen:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 am

seth8734 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:43 am
Trout led the league in strikeouts 2014, though he's cut down a lot since then which is interesting
Still higher percentage the last 2 years than Julio, but he’d never strike out that much according to Seth
Yea u guys are right. I just think Julio is too into himself to be what he can be. He smiles after striking out like he doesn't care. His abs in his career this far have been good. The bad ones though he just smiles too much. It's ok to smile but have something to smile bout!
That Griffey kid smiled a lot to, and he turned out OK

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 am

bhofferb wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 am
seth8734 wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 am

Still higher percentage the last 2 years than Julio, but he’d never strike out that much according to Seth
Yea u guys are right. I just think Julio is too into himself to be what he can be. He smiles after striking out like he doesn't care. His abs in his career this far have been good. The bad ones though he just smiles too much. It's ok to smile but have something to smile bout!
Hahaha yea Griffey was a legend. Damn knew this lineup wasn't gonna do anything. Worst lineup ever and it showed. Hoping for better lineup tomorrow. Gotta win this series.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:32 am

Julio struck out 3 times again tonight. Probably, he should have walked once or twice. But, looking through his plate appearances on baseball savant, I noticed he's being more aggressive on pitches outside the zone, which might be an adjustment he's working on to take away more of those edge pitches, pitches that are just inside or just outside the zone. If he can make that work it'll change his profile as a hitter. Or maybe he was just free swinging. Who knows?

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 am

Three times tonight on 3-2 counts our guys swung and missed at pitches 6 to 9 inches out of the strike zone. That's not good pitching, it's bad hitting. And the swings at pitches out of the strike zone when ahead of the count, just flushing ABs down the toilet. You don't see other teams doing that and we have the better pitchers.

Garver's season is over. At best he's going to put up Pollack numbers for us. He can't even hit in his favorite ballpark against shitty Ranger pitching.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm

The Brant Brown Offensive Coordinator experiment just might top Frankenstein as the worst experiment in the history of the world.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:11 pm

bhofferb wrote:
seth8734 wrote:

I don't recall the Kid smiling when shit wasn't going well. If Julio is smiling after a strikeout, it's a bad look. You don't have to go all roid rage and break bats, but smiling and laughing isn't an option either, IMO. If that is actually happening. My issue here is someone says that Julio smiles when he strikes out and then the comparison is Griffey Jr. Sorry, that dude was as competitive as it gets. There is no reason you can't be fired up and also enjoy the game when times are good.

Today's game is an odd one. Hit a solo homer down ten and pimp all around the bases and then hoist a trident in the dugout. Will Clark would have beaten the shit out of a teammate for that.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:11 pm
bhofferb wrote:
seth8734 wrote:

I don't recall the Kid smiling when shit wasn't going well. If Julio is smiling after a strikeout, it's a bad look. You don't have to go all roid rage and break bats, but smiling and laughing isn't an option either, IMO. If that is actually happening. My issue here is someone says that Julio smiles when he strikes out and then the comparison is Griffey Jr. Sorry, that dude was as competitive as it gets. There is no reason you can't be fired up and also enjoy the game when times are good.

Today's game is an odd one. Hit a solo homer down ten and pimp all around the bases and then hoist a trident in the dugout. Will Clark would have beaten the shit out of a teammate for that.
I can't stand all this "no fly zone" make an x with your arms shit that Julio is doing.

You wanna do that? You better be hitting like Ohtani or Betts, not Adam Frazier.