Pete say's he isn't happy with it
Tyler Alsin
@TylerjAlsin
·
Follow
Weekly reminder that Pete is lying to you
Curtis Crabtree
@Curtis_Crabtree
The Seahawks are calling passes over 60 percent of the time for the season. Pete Carroll said they aren't looking to be 50-50, but that he's not happy with the splits yet.

"I'm still working at it. No. I'm still working at it. It's still a work in progress."

They don't run the ball a lot, why...
Seahawks don’t run the ball a lot, is that Shane Waldron or Pete Carroll?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... statistics

douche

Re: Hawks vs. Savages game thread

Post by douche » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:13 pm

Perhaps this explains Pete's approach.

From Wikipedia:

"Marty Schottenheimer's coaching strategy became known as 'Martyball'. It emphasized a strong running game, a passing game that limited turnovers, and an aggressive defense. A conservative style, it was criticized for its blandness and it prevented Schottenheimer from winning big games, because he consistently played not to lose."

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:36 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:13 pm
Tyler Alsin
@TylerjAlsin
·
Follow
Curtis Crabtree
@Curtis_Crabtree
The Seahawks are calling passes over 60 percent of the time for the season. Pete Carroll said they aren't looking to be 50-50, but that he's not happy with the splits yet.

"I'm still working at it. No. I'm still working at it. It's still a work in progress."

Compare this to what he said after a 7 and 1 start in 2020. Sorry, he's fine with this shit because he is overly loyal, and he loves Geno.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:57 pm

In 2020 when Pete had an issue? The offense changed IMMEDIATELY. The only way he isn't good with what is going on right now is if Waldron is purposely defying the old man. I doubt Shayne has balls that big.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:18 pm

douche wrote:
Perhaps this explains Pete's approach.

From Wikipedia:

"Marty Schottenheimer's coaching strategy became known as 'Martyball'. It emphasized a strong running game, a passing game that limited turnovers, and an aggressive defense. A conservative style, it was criticized for its blandness and it prevented Schottenheimer from winning big games, because he consistently played not to lose."
Did Carroll work under Schottenheimer at some point?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tyler Alsin
@TylerjAlsin
·
Follow
Curtis Crabtree
@Curtis_Crabtree

Compare this to what he said after a 7 and 1 start in 2020. Sorry, he's fine with this shit because he is overly loyal, and he loves Geno.
Read the article...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Read the article...
I did, and I have no clue what you expect me to take from that. Waldron, like Bates, Bevel and Schotty, either does what Pete wants, and keeps his job for awhile before becoming the scapegoat...or doesn't do what Pete wants and gets fired earlier. OR, he can do what Pete wants, watch the offense nosedive, argue with Pete about it, and lose his job sooner...the way Shotty did.

THIS is what Pete wants. No fucking clue why, because this offense is a fucking eyesore. I dare you to watch the second half of the Rams game over again. Fucking dare you. I turned that game in the third quarter. Same as the Ravens game. This offense can be serviceable at times, but is mostly ugly as fuck.