Waldren and Hurtt shit-canned

Sibelius Hindemith

Waldren and Hurtt shit-canned

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:15 pm

... not.

Oh come on, do you really think that would ever happen with Jody & Pete running things? Since when is there any accountability for any of the coaches or players on this team since Paul Allen died? Two beatdowns and three offensive TDs in the past four games despite a loaded roster at WR, RB, TE and a supposedly improved O line and no-one has been benched or fired. And look at all the assets they've put into improving the D side. They will just keep showing up to games unprepared and playing the same shitty brand of football with no ability to make in-game adjustments until Pete retires in 2 1/2 years.

Michael K.

Re: Waldren and Hurtt shit-canned

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:32 pm

This is being done Pete's way. We may not be winning, but at least Pete is comfy, unlike the year we started 7 and 1.

Pete's team...get used to this. When we are 8 and 8 or 7 and 9 here in a few weeks and contemplating if a win is worth the lower draft pick. Just remember that Pete has all the answers, kiss his ring and move on.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:04 pm

I guess Pete figures if he chews enough gum and his team kicks enough field goals, that will suffice.

For a guy who's paid $15 million a season and controls EVERYTHING football related in Seattle, he sure seems to have lost his way.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:13 am

1 playoff win in 6 years. And two no playoffs seasons.

Oh, Pete is fantastic. Pete has lost it.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:47 pm

Pete Carroll sounds fed up with Seahawks' broken offense and knows a fix is needed quickly
-
https://komonews.com/sports/seattle-sea ... -cowboys#

-
I don't think you can place all the blame on Waldren. Geno is not immune to the problems happening on the field. I can understand that Pete is frustrated and searching for answers but this is his shit show.

It is interesting that the Seahawks seem fairly efficient when nearing mid-field, and then when they hit the opp 40 and beyond their efficiency collapses to near zero. Is this because Waldren is blowing it, or is it because Geno is blowing it? The OC can only call the plays, it's up to the QB and the other players to execute the plays.

In my eyes Geno just doesn't look sharp and consistant with his presnap reads, play fakes, or identifying his options post snap. Geno can look good a times in the first series or two of well-scripted plays. This would imply to me that Geno loses a lot of confidence without a clear picture. And if Geno loses his confidence how does the impact Waldren's play calling confidence?

So it is also interesting that Pete says...
We have unique talents and we got to make sure we’re maximizing that and I feel like we’re not
...Because at the end of the day this shit show is PC's and JS's act. It's likely much easier for them to justify the cause of the problems come from a 'staff issue' and not a 'talent issue'.

Lastly, I'm very curious what gave Geno the courage to perform well for 2/3 of a season last year which culminated into a few Seahawk season passing records. Maybe it was a 'nothing to lose' attitude. Or a honeymoon period between OC and QB. Or could it have been that the OC was a little less predictable earlier on and now not so much?

Waldren could very well be on his way out if the implied quotes by Pete are fully focusing the fault onto SW. I don't know how SW will be able to survive the weekend if this is the case.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:35 pm

I don't think the problem is Geno - I think Geno's problem right now is a total lack of confidence. The problem IMO is a complete lack of calling plays to your strengths - while simultaneously addressing opposing defenses weaknesses. It is all about match ups. Running long developing pass plays while facing a brutal front seven (SF's) with an injured oline literally makes no sense on any level of football. None. Zero. Less than zero. You do not need the most talented roster to win - you simply need to win the match ups. I beleive what is killing Geno is lack of confidence - born out of his constantly being put in extremely disadvantagious situations with stunningly inept play calling - constantly putting him under none-stop duress - making him perform poorly.

Heavy pressure? Dump off. Cover zero? Find the best one on one match up and throw deep. Aggressive front? Traps, draws, screens, misdirection, play action, tight end usage, these are all all basic 101 level concepts. Dime coverage? Run the fucking ball. No, Geno is not the long terms answer - never was - but that does not mean he cannot excel - he is simply not being put in smart positions match up wise - and I cannot fathom how the play calling makes any sense. The first half of the Lambs debacle the offense was unstoppable. what happened? Lambs adjusted? So should we. There is always a counter move - always There is a huge disconnect somewhere - is Geno incapable of reading a defense? I don't think so - his confidence is shattered.

The one thing Seattle can do right now which always seems to help is go uptempo - put heavy stress on the defense - but for some unknown reason that is like kryptonite to this franchises philosphy - despite it's overwhelming success that is obvious to every single person that watches football outside the VMAC.

douche

Post by douche » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:01 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:35 pm
I don't think the problem is Geno - I think Geno's problem right now is a total lack of confidence. The problem IMO is a complete lack of calling plays to your strengths - while simultaneously addressing opposing defenses weaknesses. It is all about match ups.

Geno is not the long terms answer - never was - but that does not mean he cannot excel - he is simply not being put in smart positions match up wise - and I cannot fathom how the play calling makes any sense. The first half of the Lambs debacle the offense was unstoppable. what happened? Lambs adjusted? So should we. There is always a counter move - always
Funny how the Seahawks' Executive VP of Football Operations/Head Coach being paid $15 million can't figure it out.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:05 pm

Meanwhile, the Seahawks are also bottom 3rd in defensive yards per game and middle of the road in Takeaways.