Zorn - undrafted
Krieg - undrafted
Kitna - undrafted
Hasselbeck - 6th rounder
Jackson - 2nd rounder
Wilson - 3rd rounder
Smith - 2nd rounder
Lock - 2nd rounder

Hell, even Moon was undrafted (but he's an anomaly and wasn't drafted for reasons we won't get into).

Mirer was their only 1st round pick at the position and we all know how that turned out.

We can talk about our dream QBs all day long but my point is that I really don't see Carroll & Co. drafting/trading for a 1st round quarterback. Not as long as PC is running the show.

i totally disagree. Remember just a few short seasons ago we found out about the Cringeruss meltdown when he found out JS was scouting QB's - you know, like a good GM is supposed to do. Schneider is always looking to improve, upgrade, find value - always. Carroll has no say in this matter anymore - in fact - we seem to be long past the 'should they or shouldn't they' phase and have moved into the 'when' phase of the next QB for Seattle. It's not Geno and it's not Lock - this is a decent class for QB's - I fully expect them to pull the trigger on someone. Couple that pick with another strong draft class and this team is well positioned for the future. Schneider takes swings, he takes chances, and he evaluates well, there is no reason he would pull the trigger - and I expect him to. It's time, we're past the point of debating it. The QB room needs upgrading - it's not an opinion anymore it's just a fact. I don't think he'll reach - but he could surprise us - I will be shocked if they don't address it this draft. They need a young gun to go along with this young roster. Let him/her (heheh) get tutored by Geno if need be - but the next wave is coming and I do not see Lock being the guy. Also, the history of seattle QB's is irrelevent to this current administration. Cool data, but it matter not to this team's current status.
Yeah, it's JS that handle the draft but Pete has plenty of say in it. They work as a team, they come to agreement. Pete has no say? Pete has the final say

Donn Beach

Re: Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:12 am

trharder wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:48 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:54 pm
I'd be shocked if they weren't heavily in on most if not all the big name prospects. If there's ever a year to go big on a franchise caliber type QB it's this year. It may not be Caleb but the rest are definitely in play.
One win at home against the slumping Eagles with a Hurts sick and now Pete is safe as can be? The four game losing streak was
nothing to worry about? We are just a QB away?

If Pete is untouchable, he will be allowed to draft a 1st round QB, but if Pete is not long for this job, the new guy should be able to pick their QB.
Think about it.
Well yeah, if there's a new guy then he gets to help with the draft. But as long as there isn't a new guy Pete's gonna do it. And actually if there is a new guy then I figure JS would have final say. I doubt he's going to hire a new coach that's also his boss

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm

trharder wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:48 am

One win at home against the slumping Eagles with a Hurts sick and now Pete is safe as can be? The four game losing streak was
nothing to worry about? We are just a QB away?

If Pete is untouchable, he will be allowed to draft a 1st round QB, but if Pete is not long for this job, the new guy should be able to pick their QB.
Think about it.
Couldn't agree more. Actually? These type of fucking swings actually drive me crazy. Another thing that every Pete Carroll team since second and goal have done. Take a giant shit at some point in the season to screw things up, and then beat someone they have no business beating. Get into the playoffs only to get curb stomped by a team far more prepared. When you watch us hang with Dallas and beat Philly? How can you not look back at the two dumps we took against the Rams and the game we blew against Cincy and not be left to wonder what if? Imagine this team at 10 and 4 or even 9 and 5? Instead? We shit the bed like we seem to always do against the Rams and blew a very winnable game against Cincy to ensure that we are either going to just sneak into the playoffs or miss by a hair and get a mediocre draft pick.

The reason Pete has say in the draft has nothing to do with his coaching position, and all to do with the fact that he is VP of Football Ops. That, I believe, is a position he will keep even after he stops coaching.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:58 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:04 pm
douche wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:22 pm
Seahawks QBs:

Zorn - undrafted
Krieg - undrafted
Kitna - undrafted
Hasselbeck - 6th rounder
Jackson - 2nd rounder
Wilson - 3rd rounder
Smith - 2nd rounder
Lock - 2nd rounder

Hell, even Moon was undrafted (but he's an anomaly and wasn't drafted for reasons we won't get into).

Mirer was their only 1st round pick at the position and we all know how that turned out.

We can talk about our dream QBs all day long but my point is that I really don't see Carroll & Co. drafting/trading for a 1st round quarterback. Not as long as PC is running the show.
McGwire was also a first rounder. Could have take some guy named Brett Favre instead. :|
was gonna say, what about Kelly Stouffer, John Friesz, Jeff Kemp, Stan Gelbaugh, and pride of Puyallup Brock Huard - how could we omit their glorious tenures?

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:54 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:12 pm
Couldn't agree more. Actually? These type of fucking swings actually drive me crazy. Another thing that every Pete Carroll team since second and goal have done. Take a giant shit at some point in the season to screw things up, and then beat someone they have no business beating. Get into the playoffs only to get curb stomped by a team far more prepared. When you watch us hang with Dallas and beat Philly? How can you not look back at the two dumps we took against the Rams and the game we blew against Cincy and not be left to wonder what if? Imagine this team at 10 and 4 or even 9 and 5? Instead? We shit the bed like we seem to always do against the Rams and blew a very winnable game against Cincy to ensure that we are either going to just sneak into the playoffs or miss by a hair and get a mediocre draft pick.

The reason Pete has say in the draft has nothing to do with his coaching position, and all to do with the fact that he is VP of Football Ops. That, I believe, is a position he will keep even after he stops coaching.
When the Seahawks get beat twice by both the Rams and the 9ers, they have no business being in the playoffs.

Nevertheless - one of my favorite Seahawk games of all time was when the Seahawks beat the Saints after sneaking into the playoffs
with a losing record. The "Beast Quake" game. Good times. My kids bought me tickets to the new year's eve game against the Steelers.
I hope they still have something to play for.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Something that gets lost in all the noise is that Seattle, in a six week stretch, played Baltimore, SF, Dallas, SF and Philly, and that has to be the most difficult stretch I can remember any team playing in a long, long time. That is an absolute murders row, while adding in the usual Carrol-Kryptonite in the Lambs. it reminded me of the year we won the Super Bowl and I was telling my Donkey friends who thought 'the greatest offense of all time" was gonna put Seattle in it's place - and i told them 'em needed to pump the brakes on that and remember we not only won the must brutal division in the NFL, we played SF three times and beat them twice - and they would have crushed the Donkey's just as bad as we did. Week in and week out we played the best teams in the league - while the Donkey's wracked up gaudy stats in a laughably weak division. We all know the NFCC Game that year was the real super bowl. Well, now this year's team has played the best the league has to offer, let's see if it's made them better, like the NFCW did back then. Iron sharpens iron, right? I'm looking forward Geno returning and going off.

KJ believes no matter how the season plays out, Seattle's drafting a QB early as they look to the future. makes so much sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsgA0Ei ... l=NFLonFOX