JS full presser

Donn Beach

Re: JS full presser

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:11 am

Pete and JS would discuss and reach agreement on decisions. Pete wasn't dictating to John what to do. If that had been the case JS would have quit and found a better job years ago
"There have been a couple guys that we didn't see eye-to-eye on, but we saw eye-to-eye on the decision," Carroll said. "If we're going to make this decision, let's come together and find a way. You support me, I'll support you. Somebody has to give in somewhere and we did. We've done that. That's what's important. We never made a choice that we went [in opposite directions] because we didn't get together on it. That hasn't happened."
That's from an article that describes how it worked if anybody is interested

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seaha ... h-seahawks

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:49 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:11 am
Pete and JS would discuss and reach agreement on decisions. Pete wasn't dictating to John what to do. If that had been the case JS would have quit and found a better job years ago
"There have been a couple guys that we didn't see eye-to-eye on, but we saw eye-to-eye on the decision," Carroll said. "If we're going to make this decision, let's come together and find a way. You support me, I'll support you. Somebody has to give in somewhere and we did. We've done that. That's what's important. We never made a choice that we went [in opposite directions] because we didn't get together on it. That hasn't happened."
That's from an article that describes how it worked if anybody is interested

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seaha ... h-seahawks
You can post 1000 articles on speculation on their relationship but when the rubber hit the road they both had 1 on 1s with Jody and Pete was fired and John now has full control. If you think John told Jody everything is great and wants to continue on just the way things have been all these years I don't know what to tell you.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:28 pm

Interesting article, and the 'marriage' seems to have worked. But the reality is that the production on the field didn't match the talent in the room.

And this is why Jody chose to move on from PC. It's not that Pete doesn't have any value, just no longer as HC.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:56 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:28 pm
Interesting article, and the 'marriage' seems to have worked. But the reality is that the production on the field didn't match the talent in the room.

And this is why Jody chose to move on from PC. It's not that Pete doesn't have any value, just no longer as HC.
I think Pete's downfall was the players changed. They used to be young and hungry and angry - he could mold them, give them direction, let them be themselves. Now, coming out of college, they aren't hungry or motivated beyond personal goals - they have money and followers and a brand. Pete's skill set simply doesn't land with this generation of players. I do not know his x's and o's skill set, but he ewas about connecting to the players, they simply do not care. They're not coming in hungry with something to prove - they already have NIL money and a brand to promote. Again, these are mercenaries - there is no 'team' only me, myself and my brand and my followers base to grow". The selfishness, IMO, has led to a drastically reduced product quality all across the league. Not everyone, but the needle has moved far into that direction.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Well said AA. These guys used to come out of college with something to prove and wanting to earn. Now? They have already paid for three college teams, and feel like if they don't like something? They can just leave. Doesn't work like that in the NFL. College has created a culture were everyone is a FA.