New OC

trharder

New OC

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 am

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
27m
Seahawks are hiring former Washington offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb, who recently accepted the same position at Alabama, per me and @PeteThamel. Seahawks have filled their OC hole.

Sexymarinersfan

Re: New OC

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:51 am

trharder wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 am
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
27m
Seahawks are hiring former Washington offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb, who recently accepted the same position at Alabama, per me and @PeteThamel. Seahawks have filled their OC hole.
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/

Great news! Now, are we getting Penix or not?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:11 am

Probably hasn't been exposed to a lot of OCs
"I think Ryan is one of the best if not the best play callers in college football," said Jake Haener, a New Orleans Saints quarterback who played for Grubb at Fresno State. "Don’t get me wrong, Kalen is an unbelievable coach and has just as good of an offensive mind, but I think Ryan really holds that offense to a standard and holds people accountable. For me in my six years of college football and my first year in the NFL, there’s nobody even close to the type of coach he is."

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:16 pm

Screenshot_20240210_081335_Messages.jpg
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:32 pm

It seems odd how it went down. If the Seahawks were willing to offer him the job and he was open
to taking it, why did it take so long? What was with the mixed signals and Grubb telling Bama alumni that
he was going to stay very recently? He's supposedly a hell of a coach, but his character is already in question.
No one will care by next week.

After this kind of makeover, it would seem out of place for the same old Geno as QB...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:44 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:32 pm
It seems odd how it went down. If the Seahawks were willing to offer him the job and he was open
to taking it, why did it take so long? What was with the mixed signals and Grubb telling Bama alumni that
he was going to stay very recently? He's supposedly a hell of a coach, but his character is already in question.

After this kind of makeover, it would seem out of place for the same old Geno as QB...
Yep, 6 more days of Geno on the roster imo. I agree with you but honestly him liking money doesn't make him a worse OC.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:44 pm
trharder wrote:

Yep, 6 more days of Geno on the roster imo. I agree with you but honestly him liking money doesn't make him a worse OC.

Where did Grubb say specifically he was staying at Alabama? he doesn't even have a contract, does he? There is a pic circulating showing Grubb schneider and macdonald at a pub in seattle having a beer - supposedly recently - so the rumor seems to be true. I like the hire, if that is the case. I would still keep geno in the mix as the best option until the heir apparent is found. With carroll gone and no meddling with the fresh blood OC"s i think the offense will look quite different and Grubb can maximize Geno's skill set and the weapons around him. Until a better option surfaces, and a rookie college QB is probably not it, I'm hanging my hat on the vet who knows the league as my fall back position until a better option surfaces. I don't believe a grubb hiring has any correlation to a Penix drafting. Zero. The way penix folded in the championship game - not a good look. Adding in the injury history, hard to believe schneider is going to take on that risk - except as a mid round pick at best. I would def consider him later in the draft, but I am not sure he is the answer.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:18 pm

Adam Rittenberg
@ESPNRittenberg
What I'm hearing on Alabama's staff, per sources, following Ryan Grubb's departure.

- OL coach Scott Huff expected to join Seahawks

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:21 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm
Where did Grubb say specifically he was staying at Alabama?
https://www.google.com/search?q=grubb+t ... HZQWI,st:0

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:44 pm
trharder wrote:

Where did Grubb say specifically he was staying at Alabama? he doesn't even have a contract, does he? There is a pic circulating showing Grubb schneider and macdonald at a pub in seattle having a beer - supposedly recently - so the rumor seems to be true. I like the hire, if that is the case. I would still keep geno in the mix as the best option until the heir apparent is found. With carroll gone and no meddling with the fresh blood OC"s i think the offense will look quite different and Grubb can maximize Geno's skill set and the weapons around him. Until a better option surfaces, and a rookie college QB is probably not it, I'm hanging my hat on the vet who knows the league as my fall back position until a better option surfaces. I don't believe a grubb hiring has any correlation to a Penix drafting. Zero. The way penix folded in the championship game - not a good look. Adding in the injury history, hard to believe schneider is going to take on that risk - except as a mid round pick at best. I would def consider him later in the draft, but I am not sure he is the answer.
It isn't a rumor it is done.
dt