Why Seattle is Winning the Offseason

Oso Dorado

Re: Why Seattle is Winning the Offseason

Post by Oso Dorado » Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

maoling wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 am

I was loving this article until:

Wanna take the exercise back 30 years? No problem. Dating back to 1988, here are the other quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl: Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Kurt Warner (all look resplendent in a mustard jacket), with Jeff Hostetler and Dilfer (historic defenses) and Mary Rypien the only outliers in that span.

That hurt a little bit.

A Coug
Seeing as the 'Y' and the 'K' aren't right next to each other on the keyboard, I'm going to say the your Cougs got dissed by a rogue spell checker.

Yes, even the AI is against you.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue May 14, 2019 5:38 pm

Oso Dorado » Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 am

maoling wrote: ↑Mon May 13, 2019 6:02 pm

I was loving this article until:

Wanna take the exercise back 30 years? No problem. Dating back to 1988, here are the other quarterbacks to win a Super Bowl: Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Kurt Warner (all look resplendent in a mustard jacket), with Jeff Hostetler and Dilfer (historic defenses) and Mary Rypien the only outliers in that span.

That hurt a little bit.

A Coug
Seeing as the 'Y' and the 'K' aren't right next to each other on the keyboard, I'm going to say the your Cougs got dissed by a rogue spell checker.

Yes, even the AI is against you.
To be fair, at the end of his career, he was kinda playing like a Mary :P

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu May 16, 2019 3:50 am

auroraave wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:38 pm

To be fair, at the end of his career, he was kinda playing like a Mary :P
Hey dont be Rypien on local legends. :)

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Wow, LaConfora picking Seattle to win the West. I'm already chuckling at how much that'll piss off Lambs fans. :P

NFC West
Seattle. Russell Wilson need fret about his future no longer. The Seahawks have the ultimate security and will benefit immediately from John Schneider multiplying their draft haul exponentially. The Rams will regress some, and while the 49ers will surge, I see them more as a wild card threat than division champs. Seattle can run it down your throat and there's no way they bottle up Wilson like they did down the stretch a year ago. There's better talent on offense and the defense is a year removed from its exodus of veteran leaders. Pete Carroll will lead them deep into January.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... off-teams/

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun May 19, 2019 9:00 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm
Wow, LaConfora picking Seattle to win the West. I'm already chuckling at how much that'll piss off Lambs fans. :P
NFC West
Seattle. Russell Wilson need fret about his future no longer. The Seahawks have the ultimate security and will benefit immediately from John Schneider multiplying their draft haul exponentially. The Rams will regress some, and while the 49ers will surge, I see them more as a wild card threat than division champs. Seattle can run it down your throat and there's no way they bottle up Wilson like they did down the stretch a year ago. There's better talent on offense and the defense is a year removed from its exodus of veteran leaders. Pete Carroll will lead them deep into January.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... off-teams/
I don't want this. All I wanna hear is Rams Rams Rams blah blah blah. The young guys are going to have to get punched in the mouth and start to get real about the end of November. I want the Rams hate so thick you can cut it with a knife. Just like the old days with the Harbaugh 9ers.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon May 20, 2019 6:30 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:00 pm

I don't want this. All I wanna hear is Rams Rams Rams blah blah blah. The young guys are going to have to get punched in the mouth and start to get real about the end of November. I want the Rams hate so thick you can cut it with a knife. Just like the old days with the Harbaugh 9ers.
I hope that a veteran team like ours won't fall victim to reading their own press. I think that there are enough young and hungry guys on this team to feed off of the way Pete coaches. Health scares me more than complacency. We have three Guards that might not combine for 16 starts, Ziggy has had issues, and it isn't like Bobby and KJ haven't had some bumps and bruises taking them out of action.

I like our line, when healthy, but like I said, with those three Guards being the top of our Depth chart, we might want to prepare for games were our 4th and 5th Guards are both starting. That can certainly but a crimp in our running game, not to mention Russ's ability to climb the pocket.

Right now I am very optimistic, but have a small part of me that is scared to death of the injury bug. Not because I think we will have bad luck, but because we have a lot of guys we are relying on that have a history of injury.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue May 21, 2019 5:36 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:30 pm
trharder wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:00 pm

I hope that a veteran team like ours won't fall victim to reading their own press. I think that there are enough young and hungry guys on this team to feed off of the way Pete coaches. Health scares me more than complacency. We have three Guards that might not combine for 16 starts, Ziggy has had issues, and it isn't like Bobby and KJ haven't had some bumps and bruises taking them out of action.

I like our line, when healthy, but like I said, with those three Guards being the top of our Depth chart, we might want to prepare for games were our 4th and 5th Guards are both starting. That can certainly but a crimp in our running game, not to mention Russ's ability to climb the pocket.

Right now I am very optimistic, but have a small part of me that is scared to death of the injury bug. Not because I think we will have bad luck, but because we have a lot of guys we are relying on that have a history of injury.
Right to be concerned with the health of those guards, but fortunately Jordan Simmons provided some really good play last year, and then they also drafted Hughes with that in mind as well. And still cap room left if a serviceable vet gets cut for cap space, as you might see in the fall.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Simmons played in two games, played very well, but was then hurt. A lot of talk about how he was misused at USC, but maybe all the talk of him being to banged up to play all the time while there was actually true?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue May 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Simmons played in two games, played very well, but was then hurt. A lot of talk about how he was misused at USC, but maybe all the talk of him being to banged up to play all the time while there was actually true?
Cable is gone so you can actually expect production out of the draft picks Phil Haynes is good and noticed he played G in college. He wasn't a pitcher on the baseball team.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm

You cannot control injuries, so there's really nothing you can do about it, except add depth to the position. No reason to worry about it. Remember when Unger was suddenly having injury problems here as he was about to get a new deal, so Seattle moved him? Then, of course, he played injury free in NO for the rest of his career. Everyone is going to have attrition from injuries, no sense worrying about it. Except Procise - dump him, like, yesterday. Then New England will pick him up and he'll flourish, injury free, against all odds. Wasn't Simmons always injured at USC? Isn't that why he could't get on the field? I could be wrong about that. He's cheap insurance, I suppose.