Dunbar's in the pokey

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Dunbar's in the pokey

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm
asked my brother the criminal lawyer, seems to think its pretty routine
this case seems like it has a major back story that I haven't heard but I'm pretty sure it'll be dropped. As for witness tampering, I try to get affidavits from CWs all the time. Especially in these emotional arrests involving "friends", everybody cools down and reconsiders.
Was he talking only about Dunbar? The problem i see in this is this: if Dunbar was just an innocent bystander or unwilling accomplice why did he take off afterwards in his own vehicle like someone fleeing the scene instead of sticking around to talk to the cops? And why go missing before eventually turning himself in? These seem to indicate at least some degree of complicity, assuming they are accurate.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 pm
Mon May 18, 2020 2:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:29 pm
As I have mentioned, this was nearly an identical crime as OJ and he did 9 years. This isn't a DUI or DV. Armed robbery is usually 5 years minimum for first offense.
Murder is a bit more than that.
Oops never mind. I had forgotten about the armed robbery incident with OJ. Did he really get 9 years for that? I thought you were talking about the civil suit from the double murder.
He got 33 years! Got off after 9 for good behavior and charm.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 am

Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
this case seems like it has a major back story that I haven't heard but I'm pretty sure it'll be dropped. As for witness tampering, I try to get affidavits from CWs all the time. Especially in these emotional arrests involving "friends", everybody cools down and reconsiders.
Was he talking only about Dunbar? The problem i see in this is this: if Dunbar was just an innocent bystander or unwilling accomplice why did he take off afterwards in his own vehicle like someone fleeing the scene instead of sticking around to talk to the cops? And why go missing before eventually turning himself in? These seem to indicate at least some degree of complicity, assuming they are accurate.
complicity in what?...nobody is claiming there was a crime committed now

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Tue May 19, 2020 1:12 am

Dunbar is now out of jail, and the sidebar drama plays on.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue May 19, 2020 1:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:46 am
Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

complicity in what?...nobody is claiming there was a crime committed now
Yet it's pretty clear something did happen. Unless it was all a mass hallucination where multiple people all thought they saw the same [criminal] event.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 19, 2020 1:36 am

yeah, something happened and he was involved, a party, gambling, an argument, those events seem to have been established. And even before they retracted the original affidavits they apparently were conflicting. I don't think it matters at this point, its between those guys. I do think there is enough there for Dunbar to have issues with the NFL personal conduct policy

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 am

"Things like this just happen bro" - E.T.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:47 pm
Levine on the headache it is for the Hawks, the suspension could be a bigger headache than if he had just gone away, they are basically frozen now, waiting to hear from the commissioner

https://q13fox.com/2020/05/17/commentar ... -seahawks/
The crazy thing is? This could have all been made up, but the NFL will probably suspend them both anyway...just because they can!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue May 19, 2020 4:34 pm

I was thinking they could suspend him for just being there, illegal high stakes gambling, wrong place at the wrong time. But who knows, they use their own investigators, come to their own conclusions. That is the deal with the DV situations, they don't need an actual case to be filed, the "Personal Conduct" policy is pretty broad. And they do it to keep everybody else in line, is it going to embarrass the NFL, then you better think about it

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:34 pm
I was thinking they could suspend him for just being there, illegal high stakes gambling, wrong place at the wrong time. But who knows, they use their own investigators, come to their own conclusions. That is the deal with the DV situations, they don't need an actual case to be filed, the "Personal Conduct" policy is pretty broad. And they do it to keep everybody else in line, is it going to embarrass the NFL, then you better think about it
Brandon Browner was suspended for missing a drug test, that he didn't know about, while he was playing in the CFL. Dunbar is screwed.