53 hours till DK Day!

ThePro

Re: 53 hours till DK Day!

Post by ThePro » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:23 am
I agree with you guys, but have one question. The topic of work ethic. I agree, it is impressive what DK does....but how many of us work 40 plus hours a week and still find time to workout? I would LOVE to get paid a crap ton of money to do all the stuff they call work!

They are extremely talented....but the work ethic thing has always blown me away. You make a shit ton of money on your body producing....working out is your job.
Your job is not as grueling as a practice or even a pre season game amd your little Power Puff girl workout isn't even close to what a professional athlete does. Don't try to diminish what they do

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 am

Your job is not as grueling as a practice or even a pre season game amd your little Power Puff girl workout isn't even close to what a professional athlete does. Don't try to diminish what they do
First off, I am a 46 year old salesman, not a 20something pro athlete. So...there is that. Second, the workout is a part of their work day, is it not? My point was that many times people credit these guys for "work ethic" for simply doing their job. Don't you think my "Power Puff" workout would be different if it was A. part of my job and B. the difference between me making millions and being unemployed?

I understand that many of these guy differentiate themselves by working harder than others. But, it tickles me when TEs and WRs are credited with "working with the QB". They are doing what every Pop Warner kid in America does when their parents drop them off early for practice....running routes and having the QB throw to them.

Once again, you realize why every gym in America is crowded at 5 pm right? Because working stiffs get off work at that time and go workout. Are they training like a pro athlete? No, but the Pro athlete is getting paid to do it...or he can always get cut and not get paid. I guess that is the option?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm
I understand that many of these guy differentiate themselves by working harder than others.
So you do get it. And when WR or TEs take the time to do extra reps with the QB that is the difference between a bad amd a great passing attack. There aren't enough reps during practice to develop the timing necessary to beat a good secondary.

Antonio Brown isn't even at practice. He is an established superstar. But Metcalf is putting in the effort to gain chemistry with his new QB. Brown is not. The results will show up on Sunday.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:07 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:31 pm
I understand that many of these guy differentiate themselves by working harder than others.
So you do get it. And when WR or TEs take the time to do extra reps with the QB that is the difference between a bad amd a great passing attack. There aren't enough reps during practice to develop the timing necessary to beat a good secondary.

Antonio Brown isn't even at practice. He is an established superstar. But Metcalf is putting in the effort to gain chemistry with his new QB. Brown is not. The results will show up on Sunday.
Brown isn't at practice because he burned his damn feet in a cryogenic chamber!

Yes, working with the QB helps, I never said it didn't. But, at the end of the day, do you consider that "work'? Go to any Pop Warner practice and at the end of it kids are running around "playing" catch. Staying late to catch passes is about the same as me going to Happy Hour with the rest of the Sales team! :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:22 pm

ThePro wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
I agree with you guys, but have one question. The topic of work ethic. I agree, it is impressive what DK does....but how many of us work 40 plus hours a week and still find time to workout? I would LOVE to get paid a crap ton of money to do all the stuff they call work!

They are extremely talented....but the work ethic thing has always blown me away. You make a shit ton of money on your body producing....working out is your job.
Hey I've seen Michael work out. He did like 57 1-16oz curls at a bar in Wenatchee in barely over 90 minutes!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:22 pm
ThePro wrote:
Michael K. wrote:

Hey I've seen Michael work out. He did like 57 1-16oz curls at a bar in Wenatchee in barely over 90 minutes!
That was Beastmode taking over!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:22 pm
ThePro wrote:

That was Beastmode taking over!
:D
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Separation. What a joy I imagine that is for Russ. Last year the only guy that ever seemed to get open was Lockett...since Baldwin was out.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm

RW isn't even getting his customary one or two series tonight. I would have liked to see at least 1 RW to Metcalf hookup but I am sure even our back ups can manage to connect with him.
dt