Re: Thursday Night Massacre Predictions

Post by douche » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:26 pm
douche wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:17 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:36 pm
Seattle doesn't lack the talent, they just lack everything else. This team has given up from the looks of it.
And this is what is so frustrating. The roster is solid, everything else (coaching, game planning, etc.) is absolute shit.
Well, we are below average at a very important position. QB. I also think that we missed on the O Line.
No argument here. And aurora makes a great point regarding the D line. But overall, this roster is not terrible. If they could scheme some plays and coach to the player's abilities, this team could do a lot of damage. Alas.

I posted this in another thread... From nfl.com:

"The Seahawks offense is in a full-blown slump, currently on a 20-drive streak without a touchdown, the longest in the NFL. Kicker Jason Myers has outscored the rest of the Seattle offense in four straight games and in five of seven outings since the Week 5 bye."

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:49 pm

Dal 24
Sea 20

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:56 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:27 pm

this is why I wanted Carter over witherspoon. the defensive line dictates everything - not the secondary. This defense was build from the back first which is a huge mistake. A great secondary does not make a dline look better, but a great d line makes everyone else look better. The capitol seattle has expended in the secondary is a colossal failure - not one player on the secondary makes any difference when your dline is weak. How this is a mystery to anyone who has ever watched football is beyond me. Win the trenches, win the game. So what do we do? Have 40 players in the secondary. it's embarrassing. This would be a better team with carter than witherspoon - who will end up injury prone within a year from the beating a good dline could likely prevent.
You think Carter makes this line different? I don't think talent is the issue.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:00 pm

Just the fact that they haven't looked any different after adding Williams says it all. The coaching sucks.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:04 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:00 pm
Just the fact that they haven't looked any different after adding Williams says it all. The coaching sucks.
Exactly! Carter is NOT Williams, not yet at least. Pete needs to get this shit figured out. He is either getting in the way, or he is hiring guys that aren't very good. My guess is? Since the team seems to look the fucking same each year? This is about the common denominator.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:23 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:11 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:00 pm
It is funny that back when they first wore those Uniforms literally nobody ever talked about them or really any uniforms at all. Now so many people are obsessed with what other dudes wear when playing sports. Just a bizarre phenomenon.
You are literally the only person that refuses to acknowledge their awesomeness. That, to me, is bizarre. There is nothing wrong with recognizing and appreciating things that look good. I don't understand your stigma with that, but that is your choice. I love those throwbacks and everyone seems to agree they should be the standard - yet you have an issue with it and continue to act like everyone else is 'weird' when you are in the vast minority on this. I take pride in how I dress - why would you not? Go ahead and argue that - but suggesting it's weird to appreciate clothing and looks and uniforms that rep your city - makes no sense to me at all. What specifically do you have against people appreciating the throwbacks? What, specifically, is bizarre about that? Don't you wear seahawks gear? So, you don't care what it looks like? when you step out in public, you don't care about your appearance? That, to me, is baffling. why would you not take pride in your appearance? Of course, I live in LA, so it's pretty much a given I have to :lol:
I am probably more fashion focused than most guys. I care about what I wear just not what other dudes wear. lol I would rather they win wearing pink with purple polka dots uniforms than lose in the coolest uniforms ever created.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:33 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:00 pm
It is funny that back when they first wore those Uniforms literally nobody ever talked about them or really any uniforms at all. Now so many people are obsessed with what other dudes wear when playing sports. Just a bizarre phenomenon.
That's probably because everyone liked or loved them. The team (or rather Paul Allen) made it an issue worthy of discussion by scuttling them in favor of a bizarre new look.
Have to say I wasn't a fan of the Hasselbeck era Uniforms.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:23 pm
I care about what I wear just not what other dudes wear. lol I would rather they win wearing pink with purple polka dots uniforms than lose in the coolest uniforms ever created.
Agreed.

On that note, I have a feeling this will be a beatdown. DAL is going to stomp SEA. The score will be very lopsided.

*Disclaimer - I hereby state that SEA will lose by a large margin in the hopes that they don't. :D

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:22 pm

If we don’t resign Williams what an utter throw away of draft picks.

Pete has done so many good things here. It’s just hasn’t happened much in the last 6.5 years. Just getting to the playoffs isn’t good enough.

Getting to the playoffs and lose in the first round just means you are in the upper muddle of the league. Is that good enough

Last six years 1 playoff win. 1. That sucks

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:49 pm

Dallas 38
Seattle 3