Adams good as gone

Donn Beach

Re: Adams good as gone

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:27 am

"Oh, it's always the athlete crossed the line when he responds," Adams said Wednesday. "But at the end of the day, disrespect is disrespect. However you want to take it. So I responded. I knew when I did hit that tweet, I wasn't in it to win it. At the end of the day, it was to get him to understand to leave me the hell alone."

Adams said he and the reporter have "previous history" and that they "don't like each other."

"He's been going on saying a couple things since the trade, and obviously it's been happening before that, and I just got fed up with it," Adams said. "... Whether it was uncalled for or not, my ultimate goal was to get [him] to not respond to me anymore. That was the key, and that's what I hope it is."/quote]

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:29 pm

What started this whole thing, it must go back to events prior to the trade?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:02 pm

maoling wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:58 am
I missed all this about Adams. His contract is up this year, yes?

Wow, gone is probably right. What an empty return on investment. Two first-rounders, anything else? Thank God we fleeced the Broncos.
No he is signed through 2025 but can be cut after this season with substantial cap hit savings....
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:03 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:24 am
Does anyone here think that Adams has a point? Is it okay for a NY beat writer to rip on Adams (or any athlete for that matter), but not okay for the player in question to respond in kind?

The Adams trade aside (which has proven abysmal), should players be held to a higher standard than the talking heads, most of whom have never played the game?

Just curious what people think about this.
The guy didn't go after Adam's family. Not sure how you can possibly not see the difference.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:04 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:29 pm
What started this whole thing, it must go back to events prior to the trade?
He is a Jets writer so goes way back...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:05 pm

I am not good at many things but I am a good judge of character. I knew Adams was a trash can tool bag from the moment I first heard him start talking.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:03 pm
douche wrote:
Does anyone here think that Adams has a point? Is it okay for a NY beat writer to rip on Adams (or any athlete for that matter), but not okay for the player in question to respond in kind?

The Adams trade aside (which has proven abysmal), should players be held to a higher standard than the talking heads, most of whom have never played the game?

The guy didn't go after Adam's family. Not sure how you can possibly not see the difference.
I can, but it was one word, no? Yikes. That could be construed in many ways.

I'm not defending Adams, I just find it interesting how some of these talking heads are allowed to be jerks.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:39 pm

It's the same word the writer used. As Adams admitted, the writer went low and adams went lower. But it's fucking Twitter or whatever it's called isn't it? Elon Musk insults members. What exactly are the rules?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:47 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:03 pm
douche wrote:

I can, but it was one word, no? Yikes. That could be construed in many ways.

I'm not defending Adams, I just find it interesting how some of these talking heads are allowed to be jerks.
Saying Yikes responding to a video of a guy making $18M a year looking like a fool trying to cover a guy isn't exactly an egregious slam.

Saying Yikes at a picture of a guys wife who is a completely innocent party other than deciding to marry the guy is.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:48 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:39 pm
It's the same word the writer used. As Adams admitted, the writer went low and adams went lower. But it's fucking Twitter or whatever it's called isn't it? Elon Musk insults members. What exactly are the rules?
It isn't twitter rules its man code. You take on the man not his family. Mano a Mano. Jesus I can't believe I have to explain this to you guys.
dt