D-train

Re: Geno's Future

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Hawks hyping him up for some reason:
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Hyping players up is what SEA does. Makes little sense to do otherwise. It helped them fleece DEN.
Last edited by douche on Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:39 pm

douche wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:38 pm
Hyping players up is what SEA does. Makes little sense to do otherwise.
I have never seen them do that before and I am on X all day every day.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:40 pm

PC is the ultimate hyper-upper :D

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:36 pm

Lamda wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:14 pm
This is what a lot of us have been saying for a while - its blatantly obvious that Geno is not the QB to lead us to the SB - he's an average QB that plays an average game - as you say - he's a competent backup. He's been given the reigns this long because Pete is in the last few years of his coaching career and he was hoping for some sort of cinderella story where nice QB with a good story wins it all. Nothing against Geno - he is a good guy with a good story but he's just not an elite level QB that will win the SB. They keep trying to draft defense to recreate the Legion to make it easier for them to do it but its like all our defensive schemes under Pete have been seen already and don't fool anybody so we haven't had a shutdown D since Sherm left. Time for Pete and Geno to go and get some new blood in.
Sad, but apparently true. I think Pete and John thought Geno would be good enough when their imagined top five defense gelled.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:45 pm
CLEARLY better. SMH. Neither of them will be much of an issue to cut, and more than likely they should both be gone. My guess is one is back, and it will be Geno. That's how Pete wants it, so that is why the local press reports this way. Not facts but need to kiss the ring.
The label of "clutch" for Geno is rubbing me the wrong way too.
RW was clutch for awhile, until he wasn't. He wasn't clutch in the SB loss, obviously, but no QB can "always" be clutch.
Looking back, it's probably Pete's influence that his team with both RW and Geno having to come back late in the game.
He really is beating it into the QBs to just not turn the ball over. But Lock had the same BS-lucky-defensive PI aided comeback
Geno did. We could have EASILY lost both those games. Relying on "clutch" is a recipe for disaster.
Saying you can't win it in the first, second and third quarter is obviously so stupid I shouldn't have to say it, but that's bad math.

If Drew Lock had rushed for 50 yards in both his starts, I would be screaming into my computer screen that Lock is better.
But neither of these two tuck it and run. RW did. That's why RW worked - for awhile.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:24 pm

trharder wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:51 pm

The label of "clutch" for Geno is rubbing me the wrong way too.
RW was clutch for awhile, until he wasn't. He wasn't clutch in the SB loss, obviously, but no QB can "always" be clutch.
Looking back, it's probably Pete's influence that his team with both RW and Geno having to come back late in the game.
He really is beating it into the QBs to just not turn the ball over. But Lock had the same BS-lucky-defensive PI aided comeback
Geno did. We could have EASILY lost both those games. Relying on "clutch" is a recipe for disaster.
Saying you can't win it in the first, second and third quarter is obviously so stupid I shouldn't have to say it, but that's bad math.

If Drew Lock had rushed for 50 yards in both his starts, I would be screaming into my computer screen that Lock is better.
But neither of these two tuck it and run. RW did. That's why RW worked - for awhile.
Yes, neither of them is "clutch". That is why we are battling for our playoff lives. Deciding that you can't win a game until the fourth quarter is the BIGGEST reason we are though. It is ongoing, and pisses me off. These dumbasses ignore all the games that we dug such a deep hole we couldn't climb out, simply because a few of those times we did climb out. Besides, I think Pete just pulls this shit out of his ass, and says it because he knows he takes shit for it, so every time it works out he can go back to it.

We are 8th in the NFL in points scored in the first quarter.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/1 ... s-per-game

We are 26th in the second quarter
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/2 ... s-per-game

We are 8th in the third quarter
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/3 ... s-per-game

And we are 20th in the 4th quarter.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/4 ... s-per-game

So Pete can talk about it all he wants....but this team loses games at the end of each half.

We are 21st in first quarter points allowed, 24th in points allowed in the 2nd quarter, 11th in the third quarter and 25th in the fourth quarter. Looks like we pretty much stink overall as a team in every quarter but the 3rd. But, if you asked Pete, all we need to do is get batter in the fourth. It seems to me that if the second and fourth quartes are our problems, then we are very slow to realize the adjustments other teams are making?

Points are points. Allow fewer in the first and second quarters and I bet we win more games. Did we lose the Baltimore game in the 4th quarter? Did we win the Arizona game in the 4th quarter? No, Pete doesn't spew this shit except for the one or two times a year we put together a comeback. It's stupid, and he might even know that it is...he just likes to piss people off and act like he knows better.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:24 pm
Besides, I think Pete just pulls this shit out of his ass, and says it because he knows he takes shit for it, so every time it works out he can go back to it.
I agree. He's not that stupid. He seems to have writers like Matt Calkins thinking it's a thing though.
Which gets me back to Geno and his "clutch" performances. That's bull shit. Putting together a decent drive when you have to
doesn't excuse or wipe away the three and outs where he's taking sacks and generally being unproductive.
I don't think the team was just rallying around Lock because it was the good-team-member thing to do for the backup.
I think they were tired of Geno similar to how they were tired of RW and wanted anything other than Geno and his bad
body language.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:19 am

Why couldn't they just make this easy & tank the rest of the way. I swear they can't do anything right.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:24 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:13 pm
Any comparison between Geno and Lock ignores the real problem - Neither is better than a decent backup.
Agreed. We'll see if they address this sooner than later.