Kick Geno to the curb???

trharder

Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by trharder » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:38 am

Geno should be fired just because he didn't do enough to save his daddy Pete.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:33 am

trharder wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:38 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:35 am

trharder wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:38 am
So sad because PC raised him since he was a young boy as he was his own kin. lol
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:22 pm

Why all the ridicule? The Seahawks would probably have been better off if Geno had replaced Russell 5 years ago instead of wasting all that cap space. Sure, draft someone for the future but i think Geno deserves one more year.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:48 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:22 pm
Why all the ridicule? The Seahawks would probably have been better off if Geno had replaced Russell 5 years ago instead of wasting all that cap space. Sure, draft someone for the future but i think Geno deserves one more year.
Ridicule? I think that's an exaggeration. I was only half kidding when I say Geno should be fired for, IMO, being at least
partially at fault for the end of the best coach the Seahawks ever had. I respect your opinion that Geno should get
another year, but saying he deserves it is where I disagree. Jody is sweeping out the entire coaching staff. Why TF would
you want a mediocre, but semi-expensive, QB to go with the new coaching staff? Being loyal is virtuous, but also arguably
one of the reasons the Seahawks are where they are now. Cut him loose now to get the best fresh start, IMO. If the next
QB is going to suck or be mediocre, I'd rather it not be the one I already knew this to be the case.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:57 pm

I think he is better than mediocre and could possibly improve under a new (competent) coordinator's system. Maybe if they will try to field a mediocre or better O line for once Geno will put up better numbers.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:05 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:48 pm
Ridicule? I think that's an exaggeration. I was only half kidding when I say Geno should be fired for, IMO, being at least
partially at fault for the end of the best coach the Seahawks ever had. I respect your opinion that Geno should get
another year, but saying he deserves it is where I disagree. Jody is sweeping out the entire coaching staff. Why TF would
you want a mediocre, but semi-expensive, QB to go with the new coaching staff? Being loyal is virtuous, but also arguably
one of the reasons the Seahawks are where they are now. Cut him loose now to get the best fresh start, IMO. If the next
QB is going to suck or be mediocre, I'd rather it not be the one I already knew this to be the case.
Perfectly stated. As for as why the ridicule, I would ask Geno why he felt the need to ridicule the Patrolman that was just doing his job. He is a decent QB that I won't miss when he is gone next season....
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 pm

agreed. right now he is the best option for the immediate future. maybe redo his contract to make it more friendly and keep him for 1-2 years while the team drafts and grooms the next gen. I feel confident they'll get someone in this draft - maybe even a Bo Nix type - but since there is no way to know how any draft pick pans out, I'd do my best to keep geno around. He's pretty good and has flashes of a elite-ish level play at times. I am not sure what is the root cause of this offense's recent limitations; waldron, geno, going up against superior talent in the division, Carroll meddling, or some combination of any of those - but there have been flashes. There is too much talent. I'd keep the known quantity and build up that room with some decent depth. I wanted them to draft a QB after the 2020 debacle, carroll didnlt want to - he wanted to ride with wilson. as I have said before, responsibility for the team's failure to prep for the future of the QB room has to land at Carroll's feet and has to be a main reason for his exit. Schneider's been looking at QB's for years. why they weren't pulling the trigger... baffling. Maybe carroll was afraid to hurt Cringe's feelings, but the writing was on the wall after that brutal 2020 exit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:20 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 pm
agreed. right now he is the best option for the immediate future. maybe redo his contract to make it more friendly and keep him for 1-2 years while the team drafts and grooms the next gen. I feel confident they'll get someone in this draft - maybe even a Bo Nix type - but since there is no way to know how any draft pick pans out, I'd do my best to keep geno around. He's pretty good and has flashes of a elite-ish level play at times. I am not sure what is the root cause of this offense's recent limitations; waldron, geno, going up against superior talent in the division, Carroll meddling, or some combination of any of those - but there have been flashes. There is too much talent. I'd keep the known quantity and build up that room with some decent depth. I wanted them to draft a QB after the 2020 debacle, carroll didnlt want to - he wanted to ride with wilson. as I have said before, responsibility for the team's failure to prep for the future of the QB room has to land at Carroll's feet and has to be a main reason for his exit. Schneider's been looking at QB's for years. why they weren't pulling the trigger... baffling. Maybe carroll was afraid to hurt Cringe's feelings, but the writing was on the wall after that brutal 2020 exit.
Yeah I won't mind if they do that and he is back next season but I will be surprised if he is. I have heard that is the reason PC is gone. He wanted to stick with Geno and JS didn't and Jody sided with JS. If Geno is back that will obviously refute that....
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:20 pm
auroraave wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 pm
Yeah I won't mind if they do that and he is back next season but I will be surprised if he is. I have heard that is the reason PC is gone. He wanted to stick with Geno and JS didn't and Jody sided with JS. If Geno is back that will obviously refute that....
Nobody thinks geno is the long term solution - no one thought that even after his successful first season replacing the Great Cringe. Nobody. A 33 year old is not the long term answer at any position in the NFL. "Always compete' should apply to the QB room more than any other position group on the team. I think JS understood that and somehow PC didn't. Keeping Geno is a logical move - you can't gut the whole room without having some fall back position, and Drew Lock ain't it. Geno's contract may make him a cost-prohibitive sacrifice, but to start next season without some veteran presense in that room seems like a huge mistake. Expecting rookies to come in a shine - that's just a fools errand.