Go Cardinals! Game thread

acctingman

Re: Go Cardinals! Game thread

Post by acctingman » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:00 am

It's a really bad look. Shows Pete lost the locker room and his pom-pom ways of coaching are a joke.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:11 am

Appears it had something to do with Julian Love becoming a father. I doubt they were celebrating getting to 9 wins given they missed the playoffs, but posing for the camera was pretty tone deaf.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:25 pm

So Pete and his dinosaur mentality have earned the right to stick around with a 9-8 season.

Funny how this team needs another team to lose in order to secure a playoff spot. Also funny how ARI missed 2 field goals late in the game.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:51 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:50 am
Yeah, should have been kicking water coolers...oh wait
Speaking of kicking I though it was ironic that it was a punter weighing in. lol

I wonder if they would have still done it if the football on the last kick had been about 15 ft to the left. Something they had ZERO control over.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:17 pm

Seahawks finish the season ranked as the #31 run defense in the NFL. If they don't get serious about bolstering the DL this will be the case again next year. Dre Jones type signings aren't going to cut it. And they'll probably have to overpay to keep Williams in order to avoid the appearance that it was an idiotic trade.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:17 pm
Seahawks finish the season ranked as the #31 run defense in the NFL. If they don't get serious about bolstering the DL this will be the case again next year. Dre Jones type signings aren't going to cut it.
I don't mind the dre jones signing - they took a swing and it didn't pan out - for whatever reason - that is going to happen statistically - what I cannot live with is having an embarrassing run defense - for several seasons - and drafting a cornerback who does not help that at all. The Carter situation was an unusual one fueled 90% by social media turds - but Seattle fell for it and drafted players that in no way help with the most glaring need - not to mention they would have had control for four years on rookie deals if they had taken the best dline player avail. Not a knock on witherspoon - a knock on ignoring the most glaring need on the team - the front 7 - and drafting a guy who will most likely end up injured having to play in run support because the front 7 are the team's glaring weakness. Using 'social pressures' as a justification to ignore the real problem and draft PC's favorite player - not fucking cool.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:31 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:46 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:27 pm
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:17 pm
Seahawks finish the season ranked as the #31 run defense in the NFL. If they don't get serious about bolstering the DL this will be the case again next year. Dre Jones type signings aren't going to cut it.
I don't mind the dre jones signing - they took a swing and it didn't pan out - for whatever reason - that is going to happen statistically - what I cannot live with is having an embarrassing run defense - for several seasons - and drafting a cornerback who does not help that at all. The Carter situation was an unusual one fueled 90% by social media turds - but Seattle fell for it and drafted players that in no way help with the most glaring need - not to mention they would have had control for four years on rookie deals if they had taken the best dline player avail. Not a knock on witherspoon - a knock on ignoring the most glaring need on the team - the front 7 - and drafting a guy who will most likely end up injured having to play in run support because the front 7 are the team's glaring weakness. Using 'social pressures' as a justification to ignore the real problem and draft PC's favorite player - not fucking cool.
I see you didn’t read my post about the Philly defense this year compared to last. Carter had an impact all right. Just not a good one. Again, you need to find another drum to beat. We were a bad defense last year, but in your belief, the guy that helped make a great defense bad was going to make a bad defense good!?

Seattle had a reason for not drafting Carter, but it wasn’t social media influence!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:59 pm

C'mon, you really think Carter made their D worse?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:12 pm

Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:59 pm
C'mon, you really think Carter made their D worse?
No, but I am tired of hearing all we needed to do was draft Carter instead of Spoon and we'd have been fine. A great defense drafted Carter, and they are now not much better than us! This thought process that Jalen Carter was fucking Aaron Donald is absurd. Look at their numbers while in college....not even close. This defense doesnt suck because we got Williams and Jones instead of Carter. This defense stinks because we have a shitty scheme and a head coach that curls up into a ball because he doesn't have Chancelor, ET, and Sherman controlling the back end and a front four that generates pressure on their own! He coaches as if he still has that shit. This soft bullshit zone defend to keep everything in front of you is not fucking working. Carter wasn't going to change that.

If you are going to beat the drum for why a pick was shit and it should have been someone else, at least have some numbers to back it up! This is a guy that defends the Penny pick over Nick Fucking Chubb! He gets his teeth into a bone and won't let go. Spoon over Carter is not why this defense sucks. This defense sucks because the scheme doesn't match the personnel, and because the game has changed and the coach refuses to!